High school roundup: Ramos leads New London past Waterford
Waterford — Nico Ramos won the 110 hurdles (17.7 seconds), high jump (5-feet-10) and javelin (131-6) as New London beat Waterford 83-67 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division boys' track meet Wednesday.
Orrin Parke took first in the 200 (23.4) while David Perry placed first in the shot put (37-3) and discus (101-8) and Xavier Jones won the 1600 (5:05) and 3200 (11:12) for the Whalers (2-1, 1-0). Julio Gil-Martinez won the 100 (11.9) and 400 (55.9) for the Lancers (1-1, 0-1).
• Isabella Jenne finished first in the shot put (24-8), javelin (47-3) and discus (78-10) for Waterford in an 84-49 win over New London in the ECC Medium. Makayla Andrews won the 110 hurdles (21.7) and Savonnah Artis placed first in the 100 (14.1) and 200 (28.2) for the Lancers (1-1, 1-0). Alyse Cornish won the long jump (13-2) and high jump (4-2) for the Whalers (0-3, 0-1).
• Lily Goldberg had four goals and three assists, powering Williams School past Providence Country Day, 15-12. Britta Widman chipped in five goals and an assist while Maddy Lahm added four goals and an assist and Margit Burgess scored twice for the Blues.
• Matt Shea earned medalist honors with a 37, leading Waterford past Montville, 4-3, at Norwich Golf Course. Mitch Mirabito had a 47 to win his match for the Lancers (3-0), who won the team medal point, 188-196. The Indians fell to 2-1.
• Trevor Hutchinson shot 44 and Grasso Tech (222) defeated Capital Prep (244) at Connecticut National Golf Course. Putnam won the match with 205.
• Medalist Frankie Lee shot a 4-over-par 40 and Norwich Free Academy blanked Fitch, 7-0, in an ECC Large Division match at Mohegan Sun Country Club. Justin Bohara shot 44 for the Wildcats (2-0, 2-0). Luke Teixeira shot 43 for the Falcons (0-2, 0-2).
• Michael Anderson had the low score with a 49 in Wheeler's win over St. Bernard's, 5.5-1.5, in an ECC Small match at Norwich Golf Course. In medal play matches, Wheeler (2-1, 2-0) lost to Old Saybrook, 197-223. The Rams (2-1) also beat St. Bernard (235), which fell to 0-3, 0-2. Old Saybrook's Jamie DeAntonis was the medalist with a 43.
• Hannah Slocum shot a team-low 49 in Norwich Free Academy's loss to Hand in a match at Madison Country Club. Hand had 185 strokes compared to NFA's 229. The Wildcats fell to 1-1.
• Jack Fader had five goals and eight assists as the Williams School defeated St. Andrew's, 18-10. Xavier Mills had six goals for the Blues.
• Stonington beat Killingly 7-0 in an ECC Medium Division match. Hannah Fabianski, Taylor Startz, Gina Feliciano and Emily Gardiner were straight set winner in singles and Stonington (3-0, 2-0) also got doubles wins from the teams of Jen Carroll-Morgan Parrilla and Malloy McArdle-Claire Morehouse.
• Sophi Shi, Melinda Li and Katherine WU won their singles matches to lead East Lyme past Montville, 6-1. The Vikings (2-1) swept doubles. Martha Mena won her No. 4 singles match for the only point for the Indians (1-2).
• Diana Francis, Jingxuan Huang and Laura Krick all won in straight sets in singles in Fitch's 4-3 victory over Lyman Memorial. Kailey Sullivan and Jillian Legar earned a doubles win for the Falcons (3-1).
• Ledyard defeated Griswold, 6-1, receiving singles wins from Mandy Wong and Paige Vetrano. The Colonels swept doubles to improve to 2-2.
• Waterford lost only one game in a 7-0 shutout of New London (1-3, 0-3) in the ECC Medium Division. Nisha Rajamohan, Lauren Rahr, Lexi Moger and Francisca Secor cruised to singles wins for the Lancers (5-0, 2-0).
• Will Baldwin and Matt Paster won at No. 3 and No. 4 singles, respectively, lifting Fitch past Lyman, 4-3. The doubles duos of Jim Lin and Kevin Ryan and Finian O'Connor and Shiloh Feldman also posted wins for the Falcons (2-2).
• Nick Hotary, Ben Biondi and Matthew Chan won in singles and East Lyme blanked Montville, 7-0. The Vikings are 3-0. Montville is 0-2.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES