- Make A Difference
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Norwich — Bryce Bedard had three doubles, four runs scored and four RBI as Norwich Tech defeated Grasso Tech, 21-2, in a Constitution State Conference baseball game Wednesday.
Doug Babbitt was the winning pitcher for the Warriors (4-3) and Tom Raymond had two hits and three RBI.
In other games:
• Joseph Brachas pitched a complete game three-hitter with eight strikeouts and Montville defeated New London, 4-1, in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division. Mitch Dole and Buddy Dewaine had a hit and a run scored apiece for the Indians (6-0, 2-0). New London is 0-6, 0-3.
• Eddie Gates and Chance Gendron each had four hits, including a double, with four runs as NFA downed Griswold, 22-1. Brandin Strickland had two hits, including a double, for NFA (3-4) and Caleb Bierman and Will Trask each had two hits. The Wolverines (5-2) made eight errors.
• Kavan Jakuba had three hits and three RBI as Ledyard defeated Wheeler, 16-3. Sam Sabilia had three hits and two runs scored for the Colonels (5-1). Mike Dellaporta went 2-for-4 and Kevin Knowles had a hit and a run scored for the Lions (1-4).
• Plainfield scored eight runs in the second inning on the way to an 11-0 shutout of Stonington in the ECC Medium. The Bears (1-5, 0-2) managed just one hit and committed five errors.
• Anthony Malchiodi had two hits, four RBI and two runs in a losing cause on Tuesday as St. Bernard was edged by Woodstock Academy, 10-9. Willie Rios had two hits, including a triple, with two RBI and a run for St. Bernard (6-2) and Ian Li added three hits, a run and a stolen base.