- 2016 Elections
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Norwich - Henry Hunt scored eight goals and added an assist, helping Old Lyme rally past Norwich Free Academy, 13-9, in a non-conference boys' lacrosse game on Thursday.
Ryan Powers and Ian Humphreys each had two goals and Jacob Fenton had one goal and two assists for Old Lyme, which trailed 6-3 at halftime.
Kyle Ton scored three goals while Logan Morin and Jaedon Brown each added two goals and an assists and Ben Thompson and Danny Grant also scored for NFA (3-4).
In other games:
• Waterford erupted for eight goals in the first quarter and cruised to a 13-0 win over Montville in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division.
Billy Barrs had five goals and four assists for the Lancers (2-4, 2-2) while Spencer Sgandurra added four gaosl and one assist, Michael Beltran had three goals and two assists, and Grant Larson and Lucas Alloway each scored once.
• East Lyme remained undefeated with a 15-3 win over Woodstock in the ECC Large. Griffin Woods scored three goals and Nic Page added two goals and three assists for the Vikings (5-0, 3-0). Mark Wojcik and Erik Aarsand scored two goals apiece for East Lyme.
• Jack Riordan and Will Iorio combined for 11 goals and nine assists to lead Stonington past St. Bernard/Wheeler, 18-0, in the ECC Small Division. Riordan had six goals and three assists while Iorio had five goals and six assists for the Bears (4-3, 3-0), who led 15-0 at halftime. Tyler Grills added four goals and one assist, Jack Meagher scored twice, Zach Poirier had one goal and one assist and goalie Cole Curtis stopped for shots for the shutout. The Saints are 0-6, 0-3.
• Grayson Reuling scored five goals in Fitch's 13-12 overtime loss to Bacon Academy in the ECC Large Division. Andrew Singer had three goals while Ryan Reuling had two goals and two assists and Rob Watts added one goal and three assists for the Falcons (2-4, 2-1).
• Claire Jasper had three goals and Vanessa Vurno had four assists as East Lyme downed Woodstock Academy, 17-4, in an ECC Large game.
Gabby Fiengo had two goals and two assists for East Lyme (4-2, 3-0) and Belle Kenny had two goals and an assist.
• Maddie Tilton scored four goals while Cassidy Jenkins and Liz Austin added three and two goals, respectively, lifting Ledyard past Wheeler, 14-7, in the ECC Small Division. The Colonels are (3-3, 3-1). Jess Muller had six goals and Madison Jones one for the Lions (0-5, 0-4).
• Susannah Lucey scored six goals and Fitch defeated Bacon Academy, 12-7, in the ECC Large Division. Michelina Pinto and Jackie Kokomoor scored two goals apiece for the Falcons (2-2, 1-2).
• Emily Cassata scored six goals to power Stonington past St. Bernard, 16-5, in the ECC Small. Hannah Johnson, Emily Grey, Elizabeth Morrison and Jenny Sieczkiewicz had two goals apiece for the Bears (6-0, 4-0). Shannon Amarello (two goals), Grace Mayeda (two) and Danielle Guth (one) scored for the Saints (3-2, 1-2).
• Sloane Sweitzer scored six goals while Allie Buckley had five goals and three assists to lift Old Lyme to a 17-5 victory over NFA. Liz Scott and Sydney Cowell added two goals apiece for Old Lyme (3-1) while Hannah Long scored four goals for NFA (1-5).
• Riley Dimmock scored five goals as Waterford defeated Montville 13-2 in the ECC Small Division. McKenzie Griffith-Potter and Leah Petrini added two goals each for the Lancers (3-2, 2-1) while Lexi Lewis had one goal and two assists. Gabby Iaconiello had a goal and an assist for the Indians (2-4, 1-3) and Katherine Namin also scored.