- 2016 Elections
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Killingly - Waterford High School remained unbeaten with a 7-0 win over Killingly in an Eastern Connecticut Conference ECC Medium Division girls' tennis match on Monday.
Nisha Rajamohan, Lauren Rahr, Lexi Moger and Francisca Secor win singles matches for the Lancers (7-0, 4-0) as did the doubles teams of Katie Lewis-Jessica Hudson, Alyssa Serafino-Phoebe Lee and Alaina Moger-Tarylnn Tone-Pah-Hote.
In other matches:
• Fitch routed Norwich Free Academy, 7-0, in the ECC Large Division. Diana Francis, Jingxuan Huang, Bea Asuncioni and Laura Krick won singles matches for the Falcons (4-1, 3-1) as did the doubles teams of Emma Nelson-Jingyi Huang, Isabella Bean-Alana Dumey and Kailey Sullivan-Jillian Leger. NFA is 0-4, 0-4.
• Mia Ferguson and Meagan McAdams posted singles wins for Montville in a 4-3 loss to Griswold in the ECC Small Division. Sarah Waryskas and Kayla Andrews won at No. 2 doubles for the Indians (1-4, 1-2).
• Stonington swept Bacon Academy, 7-0, in an ECC Medium match, as the Bears (4-1, 3-1) received singles wins from Hannah Fabianski, Taylor Startz, Gina Feliciano and Emily Gardiner.
• Sophie Shi and Melinda Li posted straight set wins at No. 1 and No. 2 singles, leading East Lyme past Woodstock Academy, 5-2, in the ECC Large. The Vikings are 4-1, 3-1.
• Brandon Moreno and Kyle and Hunter Stepanien each won their singles matches as Montville won its first match of the season, 6-1, over Griswold in the ECC Small. Gerald Aquino and Carl Malinowsky also won their doubles match for Montville (1-4, 1-2), which won the other two doubles matches by forfeit.
• Waterford lost just one game as it swept Killingly, 7-0, in the ECC Medium. Alan Luner, Shashwat Kala, Benny Dong and Adam Howard all won their respective singles matches for the Lancers (8-0, 4-0).
• William Baldwin and Matt Pastor did not lose a game in their singles matches to highlight Fitch's 7-0 win over NFA in the ECC Large Division. Jesse Moroyoqui and Jacob Kowalski also won singles matches for the Falcons (4-3, 2-2) as did the doubles teams of Jim Lin-Kush Kumar, Bennett Tiesinga-Kevin Ryan and Finian O'Connor-Shiloh Feldman. NFA is 0-6, 0-4.
• Avery Oefinger rallied for a 6-7 (6), 6-2, 6-4 win at No. 1 singles while Mitchell Edwards also won a three-set match at No. 4 singles to help Stonington defeat Bacon Academy 7-0 in the ECC Medium Division. Alan Carroll and Doug Schweid were the other singles winners for the Bears (2-2, 2-1) as were the doubles teams of Avish Patel-Chris Tsang, Ryan Sealy-John Dong and Tristan Blair-Savy Meach.
• Ben Biondi, Nick Hotary, Unni Kurumbail and Eric Wu cruised to singles victories as East Lyme defeated Woostock 7-0 in the ECC Large Division. The Vikings (5-0, 4-0) also picked up doubles wins from Nipun Hewage-Matthew Chan, Sujay Alavala-Mukesh Kurumbail and Kevin Lei-Ashish Josh.
• Charlie Dahlke defeated Abhi Bobba 7-6 (7-4), 7-6 (7-4) in the No. 2 singles match as Old Lyme swept Haddam-Killingworth, 7-0, in its Shoreline Conference match. Brendan White, Rowan Hallahan, Eric Pan and Ethan Fenton also won their respective singles matches for the Wildcats (6-0).