- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
New London - Erica Hill and Meghan Welch combined to pitch a six-inning perfect game as the East Lyme High School softball team defeated New London 17-0 on Monday at Bates Woods Field.
Hill pitched the first five innings and had five strikeouts for the Vikings (6-1). She also had two hits at the plate, including a two-run homer, and scored three runs.
Morgan Lloyd added a apir of three-run homers for East Lyme while Megan Lanier hit a two-run homer and Kaylie Crosby had two hits, including a double and three runs.
New London is 0-8.
In other games:
• Mallory Kane went 4-for-4 with two runs and two RBI as Stonington beat St. Bernard, 7-2. Cameron Dreher had two hits and two RBI for Stonington (7-1) and Theresa Kane pitched a three-hitter with eight strikeouts. The Saints are 6-2.
• Montville scored two runs in the eighth inning to beat Tourtellotte, 5-3. Alyssa Mattison was the winning pitcher and Stefanie Szot, Hannah Meyers and Adrienne Foret doubled for the Indians (6-1).
• Katelyn Williams hit a three-run home run to highlight Coginchaug's 14-1 victory over Old Lyme in a Shoreline Conference game halted after five innings due to the mercy rule. Ali Scott went 1-for-2 and scored the only run for Old Lyme.
• Madison Bodley came on in relief to strike out the final batter with the bases loaded and two outs to preserve Norwich Tech's 19-18 win over Prince Tech. Freshman Abbey Pater had three hits, including a home run and double, with three RBI for the Warriors (5-3) while Kerrie Bellerose had four hits and scored four runs.
H.S. boys' lacrosse
• Jonah Beauton had five goals and four assists as Bacon Academy downed Norwich Free Academy, 21-9, in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division. Kyle Ton had four goals and two assists for NFA (3-5, 1-3) and Logan had Morin four goals and an assist.
• Henry Hunt had four goals and two assists in Old Lyme's 11-9 loss to Valley Regional in the Shoreline Conference. Jacob Fenton added two goals and two assists for the Wildcats (4-2) while goalie Seth Rohrberg made 19 saves. Valley is 3-2.
• Xavier Mills had a goal and an assist in Williams School's 14-3 loss to Greens Farm. Jack Fader and Porter Girty also scored for the Blues.
H.S. girls' lacrosse
• Gabby Fiengo scored six times and Caroline Gonsalves added five goals and an assist as East Lyme beat Fitch, 16-10, to remain unbeaten in the ECC Large. Kendall Roberts had three goals and an assist for East Lyme (5-3, 4-0) and Vanessa Vurno had four assists. Also, Alex Rose had 12 saves. Michelina Pinto had five goals and five assists for the Falcons (2-4, 1-3) and Susannah Lucey had three goals and an assist. Bailey Mahler scored twice, too.
• Waterford exploded for 10 goals in the second half to pull away from St. Bernard, 15-7, in the ECC Small Division. Riley Dimmock scored six goals for the Lancers (4-2, 3-1) while McKenzie Griffith Potter added three goals and two assists, Julia Peay had two goals and one assist and Lexi Lewis and Mary Grave Wyatt each scored twice. Shannon Amarello scored five goals for the Saints (3-3, 1-3).
• Elizabeth Morrison and Emily Cassata each had four goals in Stonington's 10-6 win over Ledyard in the ECC Small. Emily Grey added three assists for the Bears (7-0, 5-0). Ellie Phetteplace had two goals for the Colonels (4-3, 3-2).
• Allie Buckley had five goals and nine assists as Old Lyme defeated Valley Regional 20-5 in the Shoreline Conference. Sydney Cowell added six goals and one assists for the Wildcats (4-1) while Sloane Sweitzer scored four goals and Catie Quaratella added two.
• Maddy Lahm and Britta Widham each finished with five goals and an assist to power Williams past Marianapolis, 21-4. Lily Goldberg had four goals and an assist and Cassidy Martin had two goals and an assist for the Blues.
H.S. boys' golf
• Connor Callaghan shot a 2-over-par 37 to earn medalist honors and help carry East Lyme to a 6.5-.5 victory over Stonington at Old Lyme Country Club. Zach Kosakowski (41), Dinkar Ahuja (47) and Ross Krasner (45) also won matches for the Vikings (2-0-1) while Drew Bradley (44) halved his match with the Bears' Jack Ognisty. Stonington is 4-2.
• Alex Valdes shot a 43 to earn medalist honors at Pequot Golf Course as Norwich Tech defeated Hartford Classical 184-237 in the Constitution State Conference. Josh Ries added a 45 for the Warriors (6-1) while Ackens King shot a 47 and Joe Bacon a 49.
H.S. girls' golf
• Katie Strickland fired a 55 to earn medalist honors, leading NFA past Woodstock, 231-252, at Mohegan Sun Country Club. Hannah Sloccum had a 58 for the Wildcats (2-2).
• UConn-Avery Point lost a game - 5-3 to rival Community College of Rhode Island at Washington Park - and a chance to host the Region 21 tournament. With the win, CCRI (20-8) clinched the season series and will host the Avery Point (34-8) in a best-of-three series starting Friday in Warwick. Chris Mayhew had two hits and two RBI and Nick Perrelli scored two runs for the 14th-ranked Pointers.
• Williams earned its first win of the season by defeating Hand at the Pettipaug Yacht Club in Essex. The Blues did, however, go 1-2 in the meet, losing to Xavier and Choate.