- Make A Difference
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Ledyard - Norwich Free Academy's Megan Weir pitched a no-hitter Tuesday, striking out 12 and walking three in a 4-0 victory over Ledyard in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division game.
Weir was also 2-for-4 with a double, while Emily DeVito was 2-for-3 with a run scored and Brianne Brennan had a hit, two walks, an RBI and a run for NFA (6-3, 2-2).
Ledyard is 2-6, 1-2.
In other games:
• Elaina Sullivan went 4-for-4 with a triple and two RBI, powering Waterford past St. Bernard 11-1. Megan Elphick had three hits and three RBI, while Sarah Pacheco added two hits and RBI and Kazi Walker earned the win for the Lancers (4-3). Ali Patterson hit a solo home run and Kiely Smith had two hits for St. Bernard (6-3).
• Jessica Connor was 4-for-4 with three doubles and Rhianna Maynard 4-for-5 with two doubles, pacing a 24-hit attack in Stonington's 17-5 victory over Montville. Brooke Arruda added a home run for Stonington (8-1). Katrina Awad had three hits for Montville (6-2) and Hannah Meyers and Caitlin Perkins two hits each.
• Jenn Paride pitched a four-hitter with 10 strikeouts and five walks, but Wheeler fell to Plainfield 2-0. Wheeler is 4-2.
• Bella Cohen and Rachel Hayward each went 3-for-4 in Old Lyme's 18-4 loss to Cromwell in the Shoreline Conference.
• Bryanna Parkes had a double, triple and scored two runs in New London's 10-8 loss to Windham. J'Lise Potter had an RBI double and triple while Riley Barnes had a single and double and Tiffany McPhearson added two hits for the Whalers (0-9).