- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Thompson - Mike Graff fired a team-low 42 Tuesday to lead Ledyard High School past Woodstock 4-3 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division golf match at Quinnatisset Country Club.
The Colonels (2-1-1, 2-1-1) narrowly won the team medal point, 184-186.
Graff nipped Jack Niel by a stroke at the No. 1 spot and Kevin Simmons (49) earned the win at No. 2. Evan DelGrosso (46) and Pat Brown (49) also won close matches.
Woodstock's Jordan Lamothe was the medalist with a 41. Woodstock is 1-3, 0-2.
In other matches:
• Montville's Ben Reed was the medalist as the Indians remained unbeaten in the ECC Small Division with a 6-1 win over Wheeler. Reed shot a 40 and Cory Meigs, Bennett Stackpole and Chris Bouchard also won matches for Montville (4-2, 3-0). Jake Umphlett won his match for Wheeler (4-2, 3-1).
• Sam Ognisty took medalist honors as Stonington beat Plainfield 7-0 in the ECC Medium Division. Ognisty shot a 3-over-par 38 and Joel Nelson, Jack Ognisty, Tyler Snelgrove and Will Robinson also won matches for Stonington (5-2, 2-1).
• New London lost to Killingly 7-0 in an ECC Medium Division match at Great Neck Country Club. Drew Aiken shot an even-par 35 to earn medalist honors for the Redmen (6-9, 4-0). Killingly also beat Waterford, 5.5-1.5. Matt Shea fired a 42 to post the low score for Waterford (3-2, 2-2).
• Old Lyme beat North Branford 190-193 in a Shoreline Conference match at Black Hall Club in Old Lyme. Jake Tiffany, Graham Aird and Will Roberts each shot a 46 to lead the Wildcats (2-0, 2-0).
• NFA split a tri-match, beating North Haven 181-185 but losing to host Xavier (156). Dan Bilda shot a 42 and Brendan Sullivan had a 43 for NFA (4-1).
• East Lyme's Connor Callaghan was the medalist with a 37, leading the Vikings past Fitch, 6.5-.5 in an ECC Large Division match at Shennecossett Golf Course. The Vikings (4-0-1, 1-0-1) won the team medal point 166-189. Fitch is 0-3, 0-3.