- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Waterford - Gabby Fiengo scored five goals and East Lyme High School pulled away in the second half for an 11-8 girls' lacrosse victory over Waterford on Thursday night.
The game was tied 5-5 at halftime.
Kendall Roberts added two goals and one assist for the Vikings (6-3) while Belle Kenny scored twice, Caroline Gonsalves added one goal and one assist and goalie Alex Rose made 11 saves.
The Lancers (5-3) were led by Mckenzie Griffith-Potter's three goals while Julia Peay had two goals and two assists, Sarah Lamothe had one goal and one assist and goalie Cat Ward made nine saves.
In other games:
• Katherine Namin scored three times for Montville in its 7-5 win over Woodstock Academy. Gabby Iaconiello had two goals for Montville (3-5) and Marissa Zimmerman had 14 saves.
• Emily Cassata had four goals and two assists as Stonington trounced Bacon Academy, 19-4. Jenny Sieczkiewicz scored three times for the Bears (8-0) and Emily Grey added two goals and an assist.
• Fitch and St. Bernard played to a 13-13 draw. Daria McKenna scored four goals for the Falcons (2-4-1) while Jackie Kokomoor added three goals and an assist and Susannah Lucey and Michelina Pinto each had two goals and one assist. Shannon Amarello led the Saints (4-3-1) with five goals and one assist while Grace Mayeda and Flora Klise scored three goals apiece.
• Nic Page had four goals as East Lyme beat Waterford, 6-4. Griffin Woods and Kyle MacDonnell each had two assists for East Lyme (7-1) and Greg Swenson had 15 saves. Grant Larson had two goals and an assist for the Lancers (3-6) and Spencer Sgandurra had a goal and an assist.
• Pat LeFemine had four goals as Woodstock Academy beat Montville, 16-4. Tyler Price had three goals for Montville (0-7).
• Sam Sylvia had five goals and four assists as RHAM downed Norwich Free Academy, 22-11. Logan Morin had seven goals and two assists for NFA (3-6) and Kyle Ton added four goals and two assists.
• A three-set win by the No. 1 doubles team of Alexa Massad-Brittney Walenta highlighted St. Bernard's 7-0 win over NFA. The Saints (4-2) also picked up doubles wins from Anna McKinley-Katherine Matthews and Jessica Xu-Andre He, as well as singles victories from Michaela Abate, Kat McKinley, Wendy Bessette and Maddie Mahoney. NFA is 0-5.
• Norwich Tech had a medal score of 189 to sweep Cheney Tech (230) and Hartford Classical (244) at the Norwich Golf Course. Josh Ries shot a 44 to earn medalist honors for the Warriors (8-1) while Alex Valdes added a 45 and Joe Bacon a 48.
• Killingly swept New London 7-0 in an ECC Medium match at Connecticut National in Putnam. Drew Aitken shot a 1-under-par 34 to earn medalist honors for the Redmen while Jordan Rogers shot a 58 to lead the Whalers (0-6, 0-5).