- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Montville - A pair of three-set wins by Eric Ostaczewski at No. 4 singles and the No. 3 doubles team of Tinh Nguyen and Jack Nassetta helped the St. Bernard School boys' tennis team defeat Lyman Memorial 5-2 Friday in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division.
Ostaczewski won 6-2, 4-6, 6-4 for the Saints (5-2, 3-1) while Nguyen and Nassetta prevailed 7-5, 4-6, 6-4.
St. Bernard's other wins were by Alexander Zuczek and Chris Renaud in singles and the doubles team of Nicholas Zuczek and David Abraham.
In other matches:
• Fitch defeated New London 7-0, receiving singles wins from Jesse Moroyoqui, Jacob Kowalski, William Baldwin and Matt Pastor. Fitch is 6-3, New London 0-6.
• Avery Oefinger, Alan Carroll, Doug Schweid and Mitchell Edwards won singles matches as Stonington defeated Norwich Free Academy 7-0. Winning in doubles for the Bears (3-3) were Avish Patel-Chris Tsang, Ryan Sealy-John Dong and Tristan Blair-Savy Meach.
• Stonington didn't loss a set on the way to a 7-0 victory over winless NFA. Hannah Fabianski, Taylor Startz, Gina Feliciano and Emily Gardiner won their singles matches for Stonington (5-1) along with the doubles teams of Jen Carroll-Morgan Parrilla, Mallory McArdle-Claire Morehouse and Julie Fabrykiewicz-Chelsea Alfonso.
• Diana Francis, Jinxuan Huang, Bea Asoncion and Laura Krick earned straight-set singles wins in Fitch's 7-0 victory over New London. Fitch is 5-1, New London 1-5.
• Michaela Abate, Kat McKinley, Wendy Bessette and Maddie Mahoney won singles matches and St. Bernard defeated Lyman Memorial 6-1 in the ECC Small Division. St. Bernard is 5-2, 4-0.
• Haddam-Killingworth won two of the three doubles matches to pull out a 4-3 win over Old Lyme in the Shoreline Conference. Meredith Aird and Meghan Trausch won their matches for Old Lyme along with the doubles team of Holly Fiscus and Jackie Stephens.