H.S. tennis roundup: St. Bernard boys beat Lyman
Montville - A pair of three-set wins by Eric Ostaczewski at No. 4 singles and the No. 3 doubles team of Tinh Nguyen and Jack Nassetta helped the St. Bernard School boys' tennis team defeat Lyman Memorial 5-2 Friday in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division.
Ostaczewski won 6-2, 4-6, 6-4 for the Saints (5-2, 3-1) while Nguyen and Nassetta prevailed 7-5, 4-6, 6-4.
St. Bernard's other wins were by Alexander Zuczek and Chris Renaud in singles and the doubles team of Nicholas Zuczek and David Abraham.
In other matches:
• Fitch defeated New London 7-0, receiving singles wins from Jesse Moroyoqui, Jacob Kowalski, William Baldwin and Matt Pastor. Fitch is 6-3, New London 0-6.
• Avery Oefinger, Alan Carroll, Doug Schweid and Mitchell Edwards won singles matches as Stonington defeated Norwich Free Academy 7-0. Winning in doubles for the Bears (3-3) were Avish Patel-Chris Tsang, Ryan Sealy-John Dong and Tristan Blair-Savy Meach.
• Stonington didn't loss a set on the way to a 7-0 victory over winless NFA. Hannah Fabianski, Taylor Startz, Gina Feliciano and Emily Gardiner won their singles matches for Stonington (5-1) along with the doubles teams of Jen Carroll-Morgan Parrilla, Mallory McArdle-Claire Morehouse and Julie Fabrykiewicz-Chelsea Alfonso.
• Diana Francis, Jinxuan Huang, Bea Asoncion and Laura Krick earned straight-set singles wins in Fitch's 7-0 victory over New London. Fitch is 5-1, New London 1-5.
• Michaela Abate, Kat McKinley, Wendy Bessette and Maddie Mahoney won singles matches and St. Bernard defeated Lyman Memorial 6-1 in the ECC Small Division. St. Bernard is 5-2, 4-0.
• Haddam-Killingworth won two of the three doubles matches to pull out a 4-3 win over Old Lyme in the Shoreline Conference. Meredith Aird and Meghan Trausch won their matches for Old Lyme along with the doubles team of Holly Fiscus and Jackie Stephens.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES