- Living Their Faith
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Ledyard - Sophia Shi and Lisa Gao won No. 1 and No. 3 singles, respectively, and the East Lyme High School girls' tennis team defeated Ledyard 5-2 Monday in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division.
The Vikings are 5-2 overall, 4-1 in the division.
Mandy Wong and Paige Vetrano won in singles for Ledyard (2-5, 1-4).
In other matches:
• Meredith Aird, Meghan Trausch, Mikayla Bellaria and Marissa Smith won in singles and Old Lyme defeated Cromwell 6-1. Hannah O'Brien and Emily Brault won in doubles for the Wildcats as did Hannah Behringer and Cooper Kotzan.
• Hannah Fabianski, Taylor Startz, Gina Feliciano and Emily Gardiner won in singles during Stonington's 7-0 win over Griswold. The teams of Morgan Parrilla-Jen Carroll, Mallory McArdie-Claire Morehouse and Julie Fabrykiewicz-Chelsea Alfonso won in doubles for the Bears (6-1).
• Michaela Abate, Kat McKinley, Wendy Bessette and Maddie Mahoney won in singles and St. Bernard defeated Killingly 5-2. The teams of Alexa Massad-Brittney Walenta and Anna McKinley-Katherine Matthews won in doubles for the Saints (6-2).
• Jennifer Hester won the No. 1 singles match for Montville in its 5-2 loss to Bacon Academy. Ashley Sistare and Tiffany Liang won their doubles match for Montville (1-5).
• Olivia Kenyon, Hannah Tracy, and Hannah Holloway all won their singles matches as Norwich Tech beat Grasso Tech 7-0. Norwich Tech is 4-3.
• Avery Oefinger, Alan Carroll, Doug Schweid and Mitchell Edwards won singles matches and Stonington blanked Griswold 7-0. Avish Patel and Chris Tsang won in doubles for the Bears (4-3). Griswold did not field second or third doubles teams.
• Jacob Kowalski, William Baldwin and Matt Pastor all won their singles matches as Fitch edged Woodstock Academy 4-3 in the ECC Large. Shiloh Feldman and Finian O'Connor won at No. 3 doubles for Fitch (7-3, 3-2).
• Samson Herbert and Matthew Hausmann won the top doubles match as Waterford swept Windham 7-0. The teams of Hugh Sokolski and Evan Burdsall and Mike Castelpoggi and Matt Dipalina also won at doubles for the Lancers (9-1).
• Prince Onewtosho and Nate Bowe won No. 2 doubles in New London's 6-1 loss to Lyman Memorial. The Whalers are 0-7.
• Jack Shannon, James Burris, Ryan Fontaine, Joe Welsh, Adam Verhoeff and Hunt Welch all won in singles as Williams defeated Marianapolis 11-1 in two combined matches. Victoria Ferrigno-Welch, Ethan Iglehart-Luke Clendenen and Laura Welch-Joe Reiser were among Williams' doubles winners.
• Brendan White, Luke Garbowski, Charlie Dahlkie, Johnny Fairfield-Sohn and Josh Krasney all won their singles matches in straight sets in Old Lyme's 7-0 shutout of Cromwell in the Shoreline Conference. The doubles duos of Ethan Fenton-Eric Pan and Garrett McCarthy-Austin Pilgriam also were victorious for the Wildcats (7-1, 7-1).
• Kyle Stepanien and Justin Santacroce won in doubles during Montville's 4-3 loss to Bacon Academy. David Pierce and Carl Malinowski also won in doubles for the Indians (1-5).