- Make A Difference
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Montville - Shoshana Berkman had two hits Monday and the St. Bernard School softball team stayed unbeaten in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division with a 5-3 win over Montville.
Amy Bouchard was the winning pitcher for the Saints (8-3, 4-0).
Caitlin Perkins had two hits for Montville (7-4, 3-2).
In other games:
• Samantha Horner's two-run double in the third inning drove in both runs and East Lyme edged Bacon Academy 2-1 in the ECC Large Division. Pitchers Erica Hill (5-0) and Meghan Welch combined to hold Bacon to one run for the Vikings (8-2, 4-1).
• Jenn Paride had three hits, including a home run, in Wheeler's 15-0 win over Windham in the ECC Small Division. Paride, the winning pitcher, struck out 10 for the Lions (6-2, 3-0).
• Emily DeVito hit the first of her two home runs to start the game and finished with three hits, five RBI and two runs as Norwich Free Academy beat Woodstock Academy 14-0 in the ECC Large Division. Kaitlyn Kelly pitched a three-hitter with seven strikeouts for the Wildcats (9-3, 3-2) and Sophia Formiglio went 3-for-3 with three runs. Also, Megan Weir had three hits and two runs, and Brittani Majcher had a RBI double and scored.
• Jackie Lewis doubled and tripled and Fitch remained unbeaten with a 6-1 win over Ledyard in the ECC Large Division. Caroline Taber had two hits and two RBI for the Falcons (9-0, 3-0). Fran Francischelli had a hit and a run scored for Ledyard (3-8, 1-4).
• Kirsten Drobiak had three hits and three RBI and Griswold defeated Stonington 10-1 in the ECC Medium Division. Theresa Kane had two hits and an RBI for the Bears (8-3, 3-1).
• Jodi Weiss finished with two hits and Elaina Sullivan and Sarah Pacheco had two RBI apiece as Waterford defeated Plainfield 4-2 in the ECC Medium Division. Pitchers Kazi Walker and Tori VanCleave combined for the win, teaming for eight strikeouts. The Lancers are 6-4, 3-1.
• Saige Laquitara had a double in Norwich Tech's 21-5 loss to Platt Tech. The Warriors had three hits.