- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Norwich — Will Trask's game-winning single highlighted a four-run seventh inning, lifting Norwich Free Academy past Woodstock on Tuesday 7-6 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division baseball game at Dodd Stadium.
Cameron Milton had a pinch-hit triple and Brandon Russo finished with a single, double and four runs scored for NFA (7-5, 2-3).
In other games:
• Chad Mooney pitched five shutout innings for the win as Montville beat Stonington 11-1 in the ECC Medium Division. Mooney (4-0) struck out nine, walked one and allowed two hits. Isaiah Mack drove in three runs and T.T. Bowens and Jeremy Sagun scored three runs each for Montville (10-0, 3-0), ranked third in the New Haven Register Top 10 poll. Kale Gilbert had an RBI single in the seventh inning for the Bears (1-8, 0-4).
• Quantique White pitched a four-hitter with four strikeouts and no walks and helped himself with two hits and two runs as New London downed Killingly 7-1 in the ECC Medium. Eddie Santiago had two hits, including a double, with an RBI and a run for the Whalers (4-7, 2-3) and Jeremy Santos hit a two-run single.
• Kyle Haney pitched a complete game, allowing seven hits while striking out five, in Ledyard's 5-1 win over Fitch in the ECC Large. Kavan Jakuba went 3-for-4 and Nick Traystman had two hits for Ledyard (9-2, 4-1). Carlos Rosario and Dan Mewha each had two hits for Fitch (5-7, 3-2).
• Pitcher Willie Rios earned the victory as St. Bernard beat Griswold 10-4 in the ECC Small. The Saints are 9-4, 4-2.
• Troy Stefanski went 3-for-4 with a triple and an RBI in Wheeler's 5-3 loss to Windham in the ECC Small. Kevin Knowles also had three hits and Mike Dellaporta added a single, double and an RBI for Wheeler (3-7, 1-4).
• East Lyme scored two runs in the sixth inning to beat Bacon Academy 2-1 in an ECC Large game at Dodd Stadium. Austin Toback had two hits and Logan Banker knocked in a run with a suicide squeeze, while Will Butler earned the win for the Vikings (8-4, 5-1).