H.S. roundup: Ledyard softball keeps the hot hand with victory over St. Bernard
Ledyard — Brianna Bisson had two hits, a run and an RBI to help lead the Ledyard High School softball team to a 4-2 win over St. Bernard on Tuesday.
Chloe Hespeler pitched a five-hitter for the win and Nikki McComskey doubled, drove in a run and scored for the Colonels (4-8), who have won two of the last three games.
Amy Bouchard drove in a run for St. Bernard (8-4).
In other games:
• Erica Hill and Kaylie Crosby had two hits and two RBI each to lead East Lyme to a 7-2 victory over Lyman Memorial. Meghan Welch (4-2) struck out nine to earn the win and Shae Crosby and Samantha Horner added two hits each for the Vikings (9-2), who scored five runs in the second inning. Lyman is 3-7.
• Jodi Weiss was 4-for-4 with an RBI, Elaina Sullivan 3-for-5 with a home run and four RBI and Megan Elphick led off innings twice with home runs in Waterford's 16-1 win over Killingly in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division. Tori VanCleave was the winning pitcher for the Lancers (7-4, 4-1), who scored seven runs in the second inning.
• Jackie Lewis went 4-for-5, including a home run, and had three RBI and Jayden Dellaporta earned the win as Fitch beat Woodstock Academy 10-0 in the ECC Large. The Falcons (10-0, 4-0) are ranked 10th in the New Haven Register Top 10 poll.
• Eric Pan, Johnny Fairfield-Sohn, Josh Krasney, Jason Feng and Will Sherer all won their singles matches in straight sets in Old Lyme's 7-0 shutout of Haddam-Killingworth in the Shoreline Conference. Ethan Fenton and Austin Pilgrim combined to win at No. 1 doubles and Brian Buttrick and Hugh Cipparone also posted a victory for Old Lyme (8-1, 8-1).
• Avery Oefinger, Alan Carroll and Doug Schweid posted singles wins and Avish Patel and Mitchell Edwards combined for a doubles win in Stonington's 7-0 victory over New London in the ECC Medium. The Bears are 5-3, 3-1, and the Whalers fell to 0-8, 0-5.
• Williams beat St. Thomas More 12-0, playing each other twice. Jon Powell, Jack Shannon, James Burris and the doubles team of Olivia Foster and Laura Welch each won twice for the Blues.
• Bacon Academy beat Norwich Free Academy 5-2. The doubles teams of Kevin Wu-Steven Zhang and Imran Haydar-Kevin Huang won for NFA (0-7).
• St. Bernard improved to 7-2 with a 4-3 win over Ledyard. Wendy Bessette and Maddie Mahoney won their singles matches and the doubles duos of Anna McKinley-Katherine Matthews and Alex Massad-Brittney Walenta also won for the Saints. Mandy Wong won her singles match for Ledyard (2-6).
• Jake Tiffany earned medalist honors with a 42, leading Old Lyme past Coginchaug 178-194 in a Shoreline Conference match at Black Hall Club in Old Lyme. Graham Aird had a 44 and Will Roberts and Jack Berger each shot a 46 for Old Lyme (3-1).
• Trevor Hutchinson fired a 39 to take medalist honors, as Grasso Tech had 219 strokes to beat Capital Prep (262), while losing to Cheney Tech (208) at Pequot Golf Club.
• Tyler Primett shot a 50 to win at the No. 5 spot in Wheeler's a 6-1 loss to Tourtellotte in an ECC Small match at Stonington Country Club. Max Reck also shot a 50 for the Lions (4-3, 3-2). Tourtellotte's Mike Jezierski was the medalist with a 36.
• Alex Valdes (43) and Joe Bacon (46) had the low scores for Norwich Tech, which lost its match to Putnam 193-196 at Connecticut National Golf Course. Norwich Tech is 9-2.
• Montville's Ben Reed took medalist honors with a 3-over-par 40 as the Indians beat Griswold 7-0 in an ECC Small Division match. Corey Meigs, Bennett Stackpole, Ryan Turner and Chris Bouchard also won their matches for Montville (6-4, 4-0).
• Waterford's Matt Shea was the medalist as the Lancers split a pair of ECC Medium Division matches, topping Bacon 5-2 and losing to Stonington 5-2. Shea shot a 4-over-par 39 at Great Neck Club and won both his matches. Brett Collins also won twice and Corey Lentz won his match against Bacon for Waterford (5-3, 3-3). Joel Nelson, Jack Ognisty and Will Cavaliere won matches for Stonington (6-2, 3-1).
• East Lyme beat Ledyard 7-0 behind medalist Connor Callaghan's 2-over-par 37. Ross Krasner, Zach Kosakowski, Drew Bradley and Dinkar Ahuja also won matches for the East Lyme (7-0-1, 3-0-1).
• NFA's Brendan Sullivan was the medalist with a 40, leading the Wildcats (9-1, 5-0) past Fitch 4-3 in an ECC Large match at Shennecossett Golf Course. Corey Jones (41) won his No. 1 match for Fitch (2-4, 0-4).
• St. Bernard beat Windham 7-0 in the ECC Small Division. Seamus Fox led St. Bernard (2-7, 1-5) with a 47.
• Nick LoBianco had four goals and three assists as Ledyard downed Bacon Academy 12-6. Alec Powell had three goals and three assists for Ledyard (7-2) and Ian Foster added two goals and an assist. Also, Paul Bossardet had 16 saves.
• Kyle Ton had seven goals to pace NFA to its 16-2 win over Montville. Logan Morin had five goals for the Wildcats (4-7) and Nick Jacaruso and Ben Thompson both scored twice. Tyler Price had two goals for Montville (0-9).
• Tim Bouchard and Mike Guth each scored goals in St. Bernard/Wheeler's 14-2 loss to Valley Regional. Goalie Jack Satti made nine saves for the Saints (2-7).
• Nic Page, Mark Chmielewski and Erik Aarsand scored in East Lyme's 4-3 overtime loss to Glastonbury. Jake Madnick scored the game-winner with 1:41 left in overtime. Goalie Greg Swenson made 28 saves for East Lyme (7-3).
• Will Iorio had six goals and five assists and Tyler Grills added six goals to power Stonington past Woodstock 19-7. Jack Riordan had four goals and two assists and Andrew Frosti and Jack Meagher also scored for the Bears (5-5).
• Susannah Lucey and Michaelina Pinto scored four goals each as Fitch beat Wheeler 18-8. Avery Fiftal scored three times, Danielle Chirillo made three saves, Daria McKenna and Molly Reinhold had two goals each, Lucey and McKenna had three assists each and Jackie Kokomoor scored and had two assists for Fitch (3-5-1). Jess Muller (two assists) and Zoe Robert scored four goals each for Wheeler (0-8).
MOST VIEWED MEDIA