- 2016 Elections
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Old Lyme — The Old Lyme High school girls' tennis team remained unbeaten with a 7-0 win over East Hampton in a Shoreline Conference match Wednesday.
Meredith Aird, Meghan Trausch, Mikayla Bellaria and Marissa Smith were straight-set winners for Old Lyme (7-0) as were the doubles teams of Hannah O'Brien-Ashley Measimer, Hannah Behringer-Cooper Kotzan and Noel Brown-Holly Fiscus.
• Melinda Li, Shruti Alvala and Lisa Gao all won at singles for East Lyme in its 5-2 victory over Griswold. The doubles team of Aimee Cicchiello and Julie Tan won for East Lyme (6-2) as did Sejal Patel and Ravali Yenduri.
• Lyman Memorial swept doubles on the way to a 5-2 win over Ledyard. Olivia Lyon and Mandy Wong won their matches for Ledyard (2-7).
• Fitch beat Windham 6-1. Bea Asuncion, Kailey Sullivan and Laura Krick won their matches for Fitch (7-2) along with the doubles teams of Emma Nelson-Jingyi Huang, Isabella Bean-Alana Dumey and Nina Lupo-Jillian Leger.
• St. Bernard lost to Woodstock 4-3. Wendy Bessette and Maddie Mahoney won their matches along with the doubles team of Anna McKinley and Katherine Matthews for St. Bernard (7-3).
• Rohit Sinha of Montville beat Wes Chen 3-6, 6-0, 7-6 to win the top singles match as the Indians beat NFA 5-2. Brandon Moreno, Hunter Stepanien and Justin Santacroce won at singles for Montville (2-6) and Kyle Stepanien and David Pierce won at doubles. The doubles team of Allen Deng and Ming Li won for NFA (0-9).
• Fitch beat Windham 7-0. Jesse Moroyoqui, Jacob Kowalski, Williams Baldwin and Matt Pastor won their matches for Fitch (8-3) along with the doubles teams of Jim Lin-Kush Kumar and Jacob Carleson-Alex Adrian.
• Alan Luner, Shashwat Kala and Benny and Willie Dong won their respective singles matches as Waterford beat Bacon Academy 7-0 to remain unbeaten in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division. The Lancers are 10-1, 5-0.
• Old Lyme won all but one match in straight sets as it beat East Hampton 7-0 in the Shoreline Conference. Brandon White, Charlie Dahlkie, Ethan Fenton, Jeff Zhang and Alex Clippinger all won at singles for the Wildcats (9-1).
• New London lost to Killingly 5-2 in an ECC Medium Division match. Keith Verdini won at No. 1 singles and the team of Zavier Veliz and Bahaa Hoda won at No. 1 doubles for New London (0-9, 0-6).
• East Lyme beat Griswold 7-0. Nick Hotary, Matthew Chan and Shahan Kamal and the doubles team of Matthew Lin and Unni Kurumbail each posted 6-0, 6-0 wins for East Lyme (8-0). Griswold forfeited the other three matches.
• Juli Brown picked up her first victory of the year, winning her No. 4 singles match as Williams beat Hyde of Woodstock 6-1. Jon Powell, Rudy Harvey and James Burris also won at singles for the Blues.