- Make A Difference
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Middletown — Jason Grisafe took a perfect game into the fifth inning and finished with a two-hitter and five strikeouts as Norwich Tech beat Vinal Tech 7-0 Wednesday in a Constitution State Conference baseball game.
Steve Sieczkowski went 2-for-2 with three runs and five stolen bases and Nick Smith had two hits and an RBI for Norwich Tech (10-5). Also, Brandon Bastien had two hits and scored.
In other games:
• Matt Przybysz pitched a no-hitter with nine strikeouts and three walks to lift Old Lyme past Hyde 19-0 in the Shoreline Conference. Przybysz also had two hits, two RBI and three runs scored for the Wildcats (5-7, 5-8). Ross Golebiewski added three doubles and three RBI, Billy Buscetto three hits, three RBI and three runs scored and Dave Peck three hits and three runs.
• Jordan Federer hit a game-winning RBI single with one out in the top of the seventh inning as unbeaten Plainfield edged New London 4-3 in the ECC Medium. Garet Griffin hit a three-run home run in the third inning for Plainfield (12-0, 5-0). Troy Gray had two hits and an RBI for New London (4-8, 2-4) and Eddie Santiago pitched a six-hitter with four strikeouts and also doubled.
• Williams School was held to two hits in a 7-1 loss to Christian Heritage. Jake Parizo and Noah Bavolack each had a hit and stole a base for Williams (3-8).
• St. Thomas More's Daniel Li singled and hit a two-run homer but the Chancellors lost to Winchendon 6-4. Elijah Young and John Wheatley had two hits each for T-More (0-8).
• Sharp Jones had four goals and an assist as top-seeded Salve Regina beat Mitchell 21-7 in an ECAC Division III tournament semifinal. David Klapp had two goals and an assist for Mitchell (8-8) and Shane Sullivan scored three times.
• Alek Burgess scored four goals and Brendan Strobel had two goals and three assists as St. Thomas More beat Williams School 10-7. Adam Brown Bryant had two goals and Kory Fortier made 10 saves for St. Thomas More (6-4). Jack Fader and Porter Girty had two goals each and Alex Medeiros made nine saves for Williams.
• Maddy Lahm scored six goals, leading Williams School to a 9-6 win over Rocky Hill School of Rhode Island. Lily Goldberg had two goals, Margit Burgess had a goal and four assists and Rachel Goldstein had two assists for Williams.
H.S. boys' golf
• East Lyme won the Fishers Island Tournament. The Vikings had a team score of 356, led by Connor Callaghan's second-place finish at 84. Ross Krasner and Drew Bradley each had 89s and Zach Kosakowski shot a 92 for East Lyme.
• Behind medalist Sam Ognisty, Stonington beat New London 7-0 in the ECC Medium Division. Ognisty shot a 3-over-par 38 at Great Neck Club and Joel Nelson, Jack Ognisty, Will Cavaliere and Peter Holliman also won matches for the Bears (8-2, 4-1). Jordan Rogers led New London (0-7, 0-6) with a 50.
• Chris Bouchard earned medalist honors (45) as Montville beat Windham 7-0 in the ECC Small. Ben Reed shot a 47 for Montville (7-4, 5-0). Seamus Fox shot a 52 for St. Bernard (1-9, 1-6), which beat Windham (7-0).
• Norwich Free Academy beat RHAM 168-173 at Blackledge Country Club. Justin Bohara led the way with a 2-over-par 38, Brendan Sullivan shot a 40 and Frankie Lee had a 41 for NFA (7-1).
• Norwich Tech split its Constitution State Conference match, beating Windham Tech 210-246 and losing to Parish Hill (188). Alex Valdes led Norwich Tech (9-3) with a 49.
• Liam Corrigan of Old Lyme was selected to attend the prestigious U.S. Junior National Men's Rowing Team Selection Camp. The camp begins on June 18 and is held in Pittsburgh. He was one of approximately 30 rowers selected from a group of over 400.
• Williams School picked up its second win of the season. The Blues beat Xavier 3-1 in a best-of-five series in Stonington Harbor.
• Xavier beat Norwich Free Academy 25-17, 25-17, 25-8. Andrew Stone had 22 assists for NFA (1-9).