- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
North Stonington - The Norwich Free Academy boys' golf team remained unbeaten in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division with a 7-0 win over Ledyard Thursday at Lake of Isles.
Justin Bohara led the way with an even-par 36 as NFA (8-2, 6-0) took the medal points from Ledyard (2-4-1, 2-3-1), 159-181. Brendan Sullivan (39), Frankie Lee (41), Dan Bilda (43) and Jack Sullivan (44) also won matches for NFA.
In other matches:
• Norwich Tech's Alex Valdes was the medalist as the Warriors beat Hartford Capital 213-244 in the Constitution State Conference. Valdes shot a 45 and Ackens King had a 50 for Norwich Tech (11-3).
• Montville went 1-1 in an ECC Small Division match at Norwich Golf Course, beating Windham 7-0 and losing to Tourtellotte 6-1. Chris Bouchard won his match for Montville (8-5, 6-1).
• St. Bernard split an ECC Small Division match at Norwich Golf Course, beating Windham 7-0 and losing to Tourtellotte 7-0. Seamus Fox led St. Bernard (3-9, 3-6), shooting a 47.
• Trevor Hutchinson had the low score for Grasso Tech, shooting a 43 at the Windham Club. The Eagles finished with 227 strokes, losing to Parish Hill (187) and Putnam (215).
• Matt Shea earned medalist honors with a 41, leading Waterford past Plainfield, 7-0, in an ECC Medium match at Foster Country Club. Mitch Mirabito shot a 49 for the Lancers (6-3, 4-2).
• Jake Tiffany shot a 46 and Jack Berger had a 49 in Old Lyme, which had 199 strokes and lost to Morgan (156) and Valley Regional (199) in a Shoreline Conference match at Black Hall Club.
• Luke Teixeira was the medalist with a 40, leading Fitch past Wheeler, 5-2, and Griswold, 5-2, at Stonington Country Club. Corey Jones had a 44 for the Falcons (5-4). Jake Umphlett and Max Reck each shot a 52 for Wheeler (4-5), which lost to Griswold, 4-3,
• NFA beat East Lyme 217-257 Wednesday at Chanticlair Country Club. Sydney Maurer of NFA was the medalist with a 53. Kate Strickland and Kim Postler each had 54s for NFA. East Lyme was led by Kyla Henry's 59.