- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- 2015 In Review
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Ledyard - Erica Hill pitched a two-hitter as East Lyme beat Ledyard 3-0 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division softball game Monday.
Hill (6-0) struck out 13. Kaylie Crosby was 2-for-4 with a double, RBI and run scored and Shae Crosby also doubled for the Vikings (12-2, 7-1). Briana Brisson had both hits for Ledyard (6-9, 3-5).
In other games:
• Theresa Kane went 3-for-4, including an RBI triple, with three runs as Stonington beat Plainfield, 10-4, in the ECC Medium. Jess Connor went 3-for-4, including a double, with two RBI for Stonington (10-4, 5-2).
• Sara Buscetto, Jodi Weiss and Elaina Sullivan had three hits each as Waterford beat Killingly 15-2 in an ECC Medium Division game. Sullivan drove in four runs and Weiss doubled twice and drove in three for Waterford (10-4, 7-1).
• Jenn Paride pitched a two-hitter with 14 strikeouts to lead Wheeler past Tourtellotte, 7-0, in the ECC Small. Kylie Baker had two hits, two RBI and a run for the Lions (9-2, 6-0) and Sam Muller added two hits, including a triple, with two RBI.
• Amy Bouchard struck out five and Kiely Smith had two hits and two RBI as St. Bernard beat Windham, 7-1, in the ECC Small. Emily De La Cruz and Olivia Novak both doubled for the Saints (10-5, 6-1) and Margaret Reagan added two hits.
• Stefanie Szot went 3-for-4, including a double, with two runs and an RBI as Montville beat Lyman Memorial, 7-4, in the ECC Small. Alexandria Clemmons went 2-for-2 with a run and an RBI for Montville (10-5, 6-2) and Nicole Dutka had two hits and two runs. Also, Alyssa Mattison pitched a six-hitter with one earned run and three strikeouts.
• Putnam collected 21 hits en route to a 16-6 win over Grasso Tech in the Constitution State Conference. Sam Martinez was 3-for-3 with three RBI and Tabitha Ford and Amber Maher had two hits each for Grasso.
• Kirsten Drobiak and Shyla Krick combined to pitch a one-hitter as Griswold beat New London 16-0 in an ECC Medium Division game, which ended on a mercy rule after five innings. Christina Corbeil had the only hit for New London (0-15, 0-7).
• Old Lyme lost to Hale-Ray in a Shoreline Conference game, 9-7. Kyra Teixeira and Kaylin Riggs both went 3-for-4, Ali Scott had two hits and Teixeira had a two-run triple for Old Lyme.
• Taylor Wolfgang and Caroline Taber each homered and scored three times as Fitch beat Woodstock 17-1 in an ECC Large Division game, which ended after five innings on a mercy rule. Jackie Lewis was 3-for-4 with two doubles and scored twice, winning pitcher Jayden Delaporta had two hits and scored twice and Taber and Wolfgang had two hits each for Fitch (14-0, 7-0).