H.S. tennis roundup: East Lyme girls edge Stonington
Stonington - East Lyme won three of the four singles matches and held on to beat Stonington 4-3 in a nonleague girls' tennis match Monday afternoon.
Sophia Shi, Melinda Li and Katherine Wu won their matches for East Lyme (7-3) along with the doubles team of Shruti Alavala and Jenny Tang. Emily Gardiner won at No. 4 singles for Stonington (6-2), which also got wins from the teams of Claire Morehouse-Mallory McArdle and Chelsea Alfonso-Julie Fabrykiewicz.
In other matches:
• Waterford stayed unbeaten with a 6-1 win over Fitch. Nisha Rajamohan, Lauren Rahr and Lexi Moger had straight-set wins for the Lancers (12-0) along with the doubles teams of Katie Lewis-Jessie Hudson, Alyssa Serafino-Phoebe Lee and Alaina Moger-Tarylnn Tone-Pah-Hote.
Laura Krick won her match for Fitch (8-3).
• Ledyard beat Bacon Academy 4-3. The Colonels (4-7) got wins from Olivia Lyon and Mandy Wong and the doubles teams of Grace Brickner-Megan Brawner and Tess Candler-Liz Nelson.
• Norwich Tech lost to Wilcox Tech in a Constitution State Conference match, 5-2.
The teams of Emily Kivela-Phoebe Joyner and Heather Wilson-Hannah Holloway won matches for Norwich Tech (5-4).
• Old Lyme swept doubles play, earning a 4-3 win over Coginchaug in the Shoreline Conference.
The teams of Hannah O-Brien-Sydney Trusty, Hannah Behringer-Cooper Kotzan and Lauren Romeo-Holly Fiscus each had straight-set wins and Marissa Smith won at No. 4 singles for Old Lyme (4-3).
• Brendan White and Charlie Dahlke won their singles matches as Old Lyme edged Coginchaug, 4-3, in a Shoreline Conference match. The teams of Josh Krasney and Johnny Fairfield-Sonn and Ethan Fenton and Austin Pilgrim both won at doubles for Old Lyme (11-1).
• East Lyme remained unbeaten with a 7-0 win over Stonington. Ben Biondi, Nick Hotary, Eric Wu and Ashish Joshi won their matches for East Lyme (10-0) as did the doubles teams of Unni Kurumbail-Matt Lin, Matt Chan-Kevin Lei and Sujay Alavala-Mukesh Kurumbail.
• Ledyard won all but one match by straight sets in its 7-0 win over Bacon Academy. Zach Higgins, Jack Potter, Albert Miller and Brian Healy all won their singles matches for the Colonels (6-4).
• Zavier Veliz had the lone win for New London its 6-1 loss to Woodstock Academy. New London is 0-10.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA