H.S. golf roundup: East Lyme takes over first in ECC Large
Old Lyme - East Lyme High School took over first place with a 5-2 victory over Norwich Free Academy in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division golf match Tuesday afternoon at Old Lyme Country Club.
NFA (8-2, 6-1) could have clinched the division title with a win. Instead, the Vikings (8-0-1, 4-0-1) now occupy the top spot, although the two meet again on Friday, May 23, at Mohegan Sun Country Club.
Drew Bradley (41), Ross Krasner (41) and Connor Callaghan (42) won matches for East Lyme, which also beat Montville 7-0.
NFA's Frankie Lee shot a 38 to earn medalist honors and Brendan Sullivan (46) also won for the Wildcats. Montville (8-6) was led by Ben Reed with a 47.
In other matches:
• Brett Collins earned medalist honors (42) as Waterford downed St. Bernard 7-0. Matt Shea shot a 43 for Waterford (7-3) and Mitch Mirabito a 44. Seamus Fox shot a 48 for St. Bernard (4-6).
• Noah Blanchette shot a low-round 44 as Stonington beat Griswold 6.5-0.5. Jack and Sam Ognisty each shot a 45 for Stonington (9-2).
• Bacon Academy's Tyler Schbeleich shot a 40 in a 6-1 victory over Fitch. Corey Jones shot a 44 for Fitch (4-6) and Luke Teixeria a 49.
• Tristan Sudac won medalist honors (44) as Cheney Tech beat Norwich Tech 208-216 in the Constitution State Conference. Alex Valdes shot a 51 for Norwich Tech (12-4, 12-4) and Josh Ries a 53.
• Grasso Tech's Trevor Hutchinson shot a 36 at his home Pequot Golf Club course to lead the Eagles past Hartford Classical 210-219 in the CSC. Justin Van Dyke added a 51 for Grasso Tech.
• Medalist Jake Tiffany shot a 42 for Old Lyme, but the Wildcats lost to Portland 185-194 in the Shoreline Conference.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES