- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- 2015 In Review
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Ledyard - Kyle Haney pitched a five-hitter with nine strikeouts as Ledyard High School remained in sole possession of first place in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division with a 2-0 baseball victory over East Lyme on Tuesday.
Kavan Jakuba had a double, a run and an RBI for the Colonels (11-3, 6-2) and Jordan Kowalski had two hits with an RBI and a stolen base. Also, Andrew Byrd singled and scored.
Ryan Nickerson singled and stole a base for East Lyme (8-7, 4-4) and Will Butler pitched a four-hitter.
In other games:
• Kendrick Boss singled off the first base bag to drive in Dan Mewha and James Kintner in the fourth inning and lift Fitch to a 2-1 victory over Woodstock Academy in the ECC Large Division.
Mewha (2-1) pitched a complete game for Fitch (7-8, 5-3), scattering six hits while striking out seven and not walking a batter.
• Hayden Couture's sacrifice fly with one out in the 10th inning gave Bacon Academy a 12-11 win over Norwich Free Academy in the ECC Large Division.
Couture also tied game in eighth at 11 with a two-out single. Chase Gendron went 3-for-6 with two runs scored, two RBI and a two-run homer and Andy Grant had three hits and three RBI for NFA (8-8, 3-5).
• Chad Mooney scattered five hits over six innings to improve to 5-0 as Montville, ranked second in the latest state poll, defeated New London 10-2 in the ECC Medium Division.
TT Bowens, Stan Kesilewski and Isaiah Mack each had two runs and scored two runs apiece for the Indians (12-1, 5-1) while Jeremy Santos had a pair of hits for New London (5-10, 2-6) and Miguel Miranda added an RBI double.
• Colin Harrington pitched a six-hitter and Tommy Pezzolesi went 3-for-4 with two RBI and two runs as No. 4 Waterford beat Killingly 8-1 in the ECC Medium.
Adam Goss had two doubles, a run and an RBI for Waterford (12-2, 6-1) and Sam Strout added two hits, a run and an RBI.
• Tourtellotte scored two runs in the top of the eighth inning to beat Wheeler 4-2 in the ECC Small Division.
Kevin Knowles was 4-for-4 with two doubles and a run scored for Wheeler (3-9, 1-6) and Chris Munzer was 2-for-4 with a double and a run.
• Willie Rios homered, but St. Bernard was beaten by Windham 5-2 in the ECC Small Division. St. Bernard is 10-5, 5-3.