- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Montville - Nico Ramos won four events Tuesday in New London High School's 81-68 victory over first-place Montville in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division boys' track and field meet.
Ramos took the high jump (6 feet, 4 inches), long jump (19-6.5), javelin (138-1) and 110-meter high hurdles (16.7 seconds), while Orrin Parke won the 100, 200 and 400 and Jelani Lucas finished first in the 300 hurdles, triple jump and ran a leg on the winning 4x100 relay.
New London also topped St. Bernard 114-21, making the Whalers 5-4 overall, 3-1 in the Medium Division.
Montville topped St. Bernard 132-26 and is 4-3, 3-1. Bacon Academy leads the ECC Medium at 4-0.
Neil Schneeberg was on a pair of first-place relay teams for Montville.
St. Bernard is 0-8.
In other meets:
• Tyler Latham won the 110 high hurdles (15.3), 300 hurdles (39.2) and javelin (183-0) and ran a leg on the winning 4x400 relay team, as Fitch defeated East Lyme 104.5-44.5 in the ECC Large Division.
Raheem Ivy won the long jump and triple jump for the Falcons (5-0, 3-0) and Brian Robinson won the shot put and discus. Jared Ayers won the 400 and ran a leg of the winning 4x100 relay for East Lyme (3-4, 0-3).
• Andris Vital won the 100 (11.3) and the 200 (23.3) and ran a leg on the winning 4x100 relay team as Norwich Free Academy topped Woodstock Academy 101-49 in the ECC Large Division. Danny Rojas (long jump, high jump) and Noah Brown (shot put, discus) also won two events each for NFA (4-2, 2-2).
• Julio Gil-Martinez won the 100 (11.3), 200 (22.9) and ran on the winning 4x100 and 4x400 relays in Waterford's 112-38 victory over Killingly in the ECC Medium Division. Malik Lewis won both hurdles events for Waterford (2-3, 1-3), Dan Clark the 1,600 and 3,200 and Bishme Sheppard won the 400, as well as running a leg on the 4x100 and 4x400 teams, as well. Waterford swept the relays.
• Peter Hine (110 high hurdles, 300 intermediate hurdles), Jared Stanland (discus, javelin), Stuart Ross (1,600, 3,200) and Mike Rasberry (long jump, triple jump) were double winners as Old Lyme defeated North Branford 83-49 in the Shoreline Conference. Rasberry also finished second in the high jump for the Wildcats, who enjoyed a 1-2-3 sweep in the 400 by Jeff Davis, Nate Peduzzi and Jack Castonguay.
• Matt Prue won the 200 and joined Conor Feeney, Jason Curioso and Ulysses Sepulveda to finish first in the 4x100 in Stonington's 119-29 loss to Bacon Academy in the ECC Medium Division. Stonington is 2-4, 1-3.
• Montville remained undefeated, topping New London 111-30 in the ECC Medium Division and St. Bernard 124-16. New London beat St. Bernard 73-44. For Montville (7-0, 4-0), Kiah Strickland won the 100 hurdles (16.4), 300 hurdles (50.9), javelin (102-6) and ran a leg on the winning 4x400 relay team. Abby McAdams won the high jump, 1,600 and also contributed to the 4x400 relay victory, while Laura Commons and Nadia Dallas were each on a pair of winning relays. Mia Santana won the 200 and 400 for New London (0-7, 0-4). St. Bernard is 1-7.
• NFA swept the 100, 800 and pole vault, helping the Wildcats top Woodstock Academy 81-69 in the ECC Large Division. Taylor Driggers won the long jump (16-11), triple jump (33-11) and was part of the winning 4x100 team for NFA (6-0, 4-0).
• Savonnah Artis won the 100 (12.7), 200 (26.5) and the triple jump (34-5) in Waterford's 85-65 loss to Killingly in the ECC Medium Division. Jeannette Mooney (1,600, 3,200) and Isabella Jenne (shot put, discus) added two wins apiece for Waterford (1-4, 1-3).
• Gianna Folz won the 100 hurdles, long jump and triple jump and East Lyme defeated Fitch 110-40 in the ECC Large Division. Jenna Schumacher won the shot put and javelin for the Vikings (5-1, 2-1) and Chelsea Stevens the 100 and 200. Veronica Foster won the discus, Alicia Moroyoqui the 800 and Sydnee Spruill the high jump for Fitch (1-4, 0-3).
• Claire Schlink won the javelin (80-0) and shot put (25-1) for Stonington in an 82-63 loss to Bacon Academy in the ECC Medium Division. Also, Meg Rolfe, Kaeli Novak and Kenna McWilliams were each on a pair of winning relays for Stonington (1-5, 1-3).
• North Branford defeated Old Lyme 93-47 in the Shoreline Conference despite a 1-2-3 finish by Abby Guitar, Silja Forstein and Rachel Vandette in the 800.