H.S. tennis roundup: Dahlke the difference for Old Lyme boys
Old Lyme - Charlie Dahlke rallied for a 3-6, 6-3, 7-5 victory at No. 3 singles - the final match of the day - to give Old Lyme High School a 4-3 victory over Valley Regional in a Shoreline Conference boys' tennis match on Wednesday.
Sophomore Brendan White, Old Lyme's No. 1 singles player, also won 6-0, 6-2 for the Wildcats (13-1) as did the top two doubles teams of Josh Krasney-Johnny Fairfield-Sonn (6-2, 6-1) and Ethan Fenton-Austin Pilgrim (6-1, 6-1). Krasney and Fairfield-Sonn are unbeaten.
Valley is 12-3.
In other matches:
• Sophomore Evan Burdsall and freshman Hugh Sokolski won the No. 3 doubles match 6-1, 7-5 to earn Waterford a 4-3 win over St. Bernard. Shashwat Kala and Benny and Willie Dong all won singles matches for Waterford (12-1). Nick Zuczek won the No. 1 singles match for St. Bernard (7-4). The Saints also got wins from the doubles teams of Alex Zuczek and David Abraham and Chris Ranaud and Zach Kuvlanka.
• Jacob Kowalski, William Baldwin and Matt Pastor won singles matches in straight sets as Fitch topped Ledyard 5-2 in the ECC Large Division. Kevin Ryan and Bennett Tiesinga added a win at No. 2 doubles for Fitch (9-5, 4-3) and Shiloh Feldman and Finian O'Connor won at No. 3 doubles. Zach Higgins won at No. 1 singles for Ledyard (6-5, 3-4) and Jake Skilbred and Ben McHale took No. 1 doubles.
• Chris Tsang won a third-set tiebreaker at No. 4 singles to highlight Stonington's 7-0 victory over Montville. The Bears (7-4) also picked up singles wins from Avery Oefinger, Alan Carroll and Doug Schweid and wins from the doubles teams of Avish Patel-Mitchell Edwards and Ryan Sealy-John Dong. Montville (2-9) did not field a No. 3 doubles team.
• East Lyme remained unbeaten with a 6-1 win over Lyman Memorial on Tuesday. The Vikings (11-0) swept the doubles while picking up straight-set singles wins from Ben Biondi, Nick Hotary and Eric Wu.
• Susane Ortizdevillate and Tsering Buti won singles matches for New London in a 4-3 victory over Griswold. Buti defeated Desiree Gagnon 6-2, 4-6, 6-4 at No. 4 singles. Also winning for New London (2-9) were the doubles teams of Yesha Patel-Janki Patel and Katelyn Morales-Blamely Cepeda.
• Bea Asuncion and Laura Krick won at singles for Fitch in its 5-2 victory over Ledyard in the ECC Large. Emma Nelson and Jingyi Huang, Alana Dumey and Isabella Bean and Nina Lupo and Jillian Leger picked up doubles wins for Fitch (9-3, 5-2). Olivia Lyon and Mandy Wonh won at singles for Ledyard (4-8, 2-5).
• Stonington didn't lose a set in defeating Montville 7-0. Singles players Hannah Fabianski, Emily Gardiner, Taylor Startz and Claire Morehouse won for the Bears (7-2) as did the doubles teams of Morgan Parrilla-Gina Feliciano, Jen Carroll-Mallory McArdle and Chelsea Alfonso-Julie Fabrikiewicz. Montville is 3-8.
• Marissa Smith won her No. 4 singles match 7-5, 2-6, 6-4 to help preserve Old Lyme's 4-3 win over Old Saybrook in the Shoreline Conference. Singles players Meredith Aird and Meghan Trausch added wins for the Wildcats, as did the No. 2 doubles team of Hannah Behringer and Cooper Kotzan.
• Kristina Jacobs and Lauren Jacobs lost a tough 6-1, 7-5 match in No. 1 doubles and Norwich Free Academy fell to Woodstock Academy 7-0 in the ECC Large Division. NFA is 0-13, 0-7.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES