• Talk about biology of migratory fish and conservation efforts, with Steve Gephard, head of the DEEP's Inland Fisheries Division, and Sally Harold, director of river restoration and fish passage with The Nature Conservancy, 9 to 11 a.m., Lyme-Old Lyme High School, 69 Lyme St., Old Lyme. After the talk, Gephard and Harold will lead tours of five fishways: Mary Steube and Rogers Lake in Old Lyme; Latimer Brook in East Lyme; Greeneville in Norwich; and Hallville in Preston. Registration required; parking is limited. To register, visit http://www.nature.org/ourinitiatives/regions/northamerica/unitedstates/connecticut/events/ct-world-fish-migration-day.xml.
• Open House at Leesville Dam Fishway on the Salmon River, 60 Powerhouse Road, East Haddam, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, call (860) 447-4316. DEEP is hosting.
• Open House at Mary Steube Fishway on Mill Brook, in Griswold Nature Preserve near 25 Boston Post Road and Stoneleigh Road, Old Lyme, noon to 3 p.m. Old Lyme Land Trust is hosting.
• Open House at Rogers Lake Fishway on Mill Brook, 180 Boston Post Road, Old Lyme, 12:45 to 3 p.m. Town of Old Lyme hosting. For more information, call (860) 434-1605 ext. 212.
• Open House at Latimer Brook Fishway on Latimer Brook, near 80 Boston Post Road, East Lyme, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Hosted by DEEP's Inland Fisheries Division. For information, call (860) 447-4316.
• Tours of Greeneville Dam Fishlift and hydropower station on the Shetucket River, 5 Eighth St., Norwich, 10 to 11 a.m. Hosted by the city of Norwich and Norwich Public Utilities. For more information, contact Jeanne Kurasz at (860) 823-4182 or at JeanneKurasz@npumail.com.
• Open House at Hallville Pond Dam Fishway on Poquetanuck Brook, 40 Hallville-Poquetanuck Road, Preston, 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Hosted by Eastern Connecticut Conservation District. For more information, call (860) 887-4163 ext. 403.
• For more information on other events in Connecticut and around the world for World Fish Migration Day, visit www.worldfishmigrationday.com.
Tri-Town iPad mini ContestEnter for a chance to win an iPad mini
Flat StanleySubmit your Flat Stanley photos for a chance to win!
40 Under Forty 2014Nominate a deserving professional in our region for recognition in our special section.
Connecticut Family Magazine Fall 2014Tell us your favorite children's books, board games, and more. You might be featured in an upcoming issue.
Pro FootballPredict pro football winners each week for a chance at local and national prizes, including a trip to Hawaii.
Photo Calendar ContestSubmit your photos for Southeastern Connecticut for our very popular annual calendar.
If you could give a college graduate one piece of advice, what would it be?
No current items found