- Make A Difference
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Sprague - Norwich Free Academy unseated East Lyme as the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division boys' golf champion, beating the Vikings 5-2 in Thursday's match at Mohegan Sun Country Club at Pautipaug.
Freshman Jack Sullivan, playing at No. 5 for NFA (10-3, 7-1), was the medalist with a 7-over-par 43. Justin Bohara (44) and Brendan Sullivan (44) also won their matches for the Wildcats, who captured the medal point 176-186.
East Lyme (11-1-1, 6-1-1) beat NFA 5-2 on May 13 at Old Lyme Country Club, but NFA earned the title thanks to East Lyme's season-opening 3.5-3.5 tie with Ledyard. Ross Krasner (44) and Drew Bradley (47) won their matches for East Lyme.
In other matches:
• Stonington's Sam Ognisty shot an even-par 36 at Foster (R.I.) Country Club to lead Stonington to a 7-0 win over Plainfield in the ECC Medium Division. Jack Ognisty added a 41, Joel Nelson at 43, Will Robinson a 45 and Tyler Snelgrove a 47 for the Bears (12-4, 6-3), who finished with a medal score of 165.
• Josh Ries shot a 47 to help lead Norwich Tech to a 198-232 win over Putnam in the Constitution State Conference at Norwich Golf Course. Acken King added a 48 and Alex Valdes a 49 for the Warriors (14-4).
• Bacon Academy beat Waterford 6-1 in an ECC Medium Division match. Brett Collins won his match and had the low score (44) for Waterford (8-7, 5-5).
• Tourtellotte wrapped up its third straight ECC Small Division title with a 7-0 win over Montville. Bennett Stackpole led Montville (10-7, 8-2) with a 49.
• Fitch lost to Woodstock Academy in an ECC Large Division match, 7-0. Luke Teixeira led Fitch (4-10, 0-8) with a 47.