- 2016 Elections
- 2016 Lunch Debates
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
East Lyme —Quantique White pitched a three-hitter and added an RBI double in a two-run sixth inning, lifting New London High School past East Lyme 2-0 in a nonleague baseball game on Tuesday.
The Whalers (10-10) finished the regular season with five straigtht wins.
White's double scored Bryan Cespedes to start the sixth inning and Jason Edwards doubled in a run for a 2-0 lead.
Dean Beebe had two hits and Logan Banker pitched well in the loss for the Vikings (11-9).
In other games:
• Buddy Dewaine's two-run single in the fifth inning broke a tie and lifted Montville past Lyman Memorial, 3-1.
Tommy McDonald earned the win in relief, not allowing a hit and striking out four in 2 2/3 innings, and T.T. Bowens added RBI groundout for the Indians (17-3).
• Eighth-seeded Old Lyme fell in a 4-0 hole and never recovered, losing to top-seeded East Hampton, 4-2, in the Shoreline Conference tournament.
Phil Cohen led the Wildcats (9-12) with two hits and an RBI. Marvin Gorgas homered for East Hampton (19-2).
• Bacon Academy scored four runs in the second inning on the way to a 9-1 win over Wheeler.
Emma Stock had a single and RBI and Micaela Bergel had a single and scored a run for Wheeler (14-4).
• Meghan Welch pitched a one-hitter and drove in two runs, powering East Lyme past Old Saybrook, 9-2. Kirsten McGinty had a two-run home run in the first inning while Erica Hill and Megan Lanier each had a double for the Vikings (16-4). The Rams fell to 14-5.
• Waterford defeated Fitch, 5-2, and lost to Tourtellotte, 5-2, in a match at Great Neck Country Club in Waterford.
Corey Jones of Fitch shot a 39 to earn medalist honors against the Lancers (9-8). Waterford's Brett Collins, Stephen Lavoie and Nico Bartelli won their matches against the Falcons (4-11).
• Connor Callaghan earned medalist honors with an even par 35 on the Red Course at Elmridge Golf Course, leading East Lyme past Stonington, 5-2.
Drew Bradley and Dankar Ahuja each shot a 42 and won their matches for the Vikings (14-1-1). Jack Ognisty (44) and Joel Nelson (41) posted victories for the Bears (11-5).
• Tyler Primett and Peyton Mulhern won their matches in Wheeler's 5-2 loss to Griswold in an ECC Small Division match at River Ridge Golf Course. The Lions fell to 5-12, 4-6. Peter Maurice (49) was the medalist for the Wolverines (8-10, 6-4).
• Lynn Valentine of East Lyme is tied for eighth after the first round of the 16th Connecticut Women's Open Championship at Wampanoag Country Club in West Hartford.
Valentine shot a 2-over 74, trailing co-leaders Liz Caron of Greenwich and Lindsay Ann Aho of Brush Prairie, Wash., by six strokes heading into today's final round.