- 2016 Elections
- 2016 Lunch Debates
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
North Stonington — Phil Perry of Black Hall Club lost in the quarterfinals of the 112th Connecticut Amateur golf championship Thursday at Lake of Isles.
Perry, the 29th seed, was beaten by No. 5 John Flaherty of TPC River Highlands 1-up. No. 16 Kevin Josephson of the Country Club of Farmington beat Flaherty 2 and 1 in the semifinals.
Josephson will play No. 18 Zach Zaback of TPC River Highlands in today's 36-hole final, which begins at 8 a.m.
• Stephen Laurino (Marist) singled on a full count with two outs in the bottom of the 12th to score pinch runner Doug Domnarski of Pawcatuck (Avery Point) and give the Mystic Schooners a 1-0 win over the Danbury Westerners at Fitch.
Matthew O'Herron (Franklin Pierce) walked to lead off the 12th and was replaced by Domnarski. Zachary Weigel (Seton Hall) followed with a sacrifice, and Domnarski took third on a passed ball with two outs.
Louis Concato (Dartmouth) allowed just one hit over 2 1/3 innings of relief for the win for the Schooners (7-1) and Chris Kalica (St. John's) scattered four hits with six strikeouts over seven innings.
The Westerners are 3-4.
• Franklin Guzman went 3-for-4, including a double, and scored twice as the Lowell Spinners scored twice in the top of the eighth inning to beat the Connecticut Tigers, 5-3, before 1,819 at Dodd Stadium.
Bryan Hudson doubled to lead off the eighth, Mauricio Dubon walked, and Sam Travis singled to load the bases. Hudson scored on a wild pitch, and Nick Longhi's RBI singled scored Rubon to give the Spinners a 5-3 lead
Guzman doubled to lead off the seventh, went to third on a wild pitch, and scored on a one-out wild pitch to tie the game, 3-3.
Hudson had two doubles and scored for Lowell (4-3).
Will Maddox had two hits and scored for the Tigers (2-5) and Ross Kivett had a single and two RBI.
Zone VI Legion
• Norwich lost to Danielson 4-1. Tom Pietruczuk was 2-for-3 for Norwich (1-6).
SEC 16-18 Babe Ruth
• Jeremy Barons was 4-for-4 as Ledyard beat East Lyme 17-10. Andrew Gagnon had thre his, including a double, and Matthew McElwee singled and doubled for Ledyard. Josh Leffingwell had a pair of doubles for East Lyme.
District 10 softball (11-12)
• Gina McKittrick, Devyn Concascia, Ciana Chiappone and Lili Stoddard all had two hits as Waterford edged Salem/Bozrah/Lyme-Old Lyme, 5-4. Cassidy Susi pitched the win for Waterford. Nikki Marsh went 3-for-4 with Salem/Bozrah/Lyme-Old Lyme and Caitlin Sievers went 2-for-3.
• Allison Georgetti pitched a complete game with nine strikeouts and also doubled as Mystic beat Pawcatuck on Wednesday, 4-1. Nora Ryan had a triple and two RBI, Aspen Ryan had a single and an RBI, and Angelia Doak tripled for Mystic. Miranda Arruda had two hits for Pawcatuck and Katie Sanford pitched five innings.
• Olivia Quagan pitched a two-hitter with 10 strikeouts and added two hits and four runs to pace East Lyme past Montville on Wednesday, 10-6. Mya Delesdernier had two hits, including a triple, for East Lyme and Lilly Decosta had two hits, including a double. Also, Sydney Iannantuono had two hits. Alexis Michon pitched a complete game and struck out eight for Montville.