- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Norwich - Tanner Bailey pitched six shutout innings as the Connecticut Tigers beat the Vermont Lake Monsters 3-0 in a New York-Penn League game Wednesday night.
Bailey (1-0) allowed four hits with five strikeouts and one walk. He combined with Johnnie Kirkland (hold) and Johan Belisario (save) for a six-hitter.
The Tigers (6-7) scored all of their runs in the fourth inning. Domingo Leyba, Franklin Navarro and Will Maddox drove in runs.
Zone VI Legion
• Jeremy Santos singled home Izzy Davila with two outs in the bottom of the eighth inning, lifting New London to a 3-2 win over Waterford. Davila doubled, tripled and scored twice and Pete Aldrich doubled and hit a sacrifice fly for New London (11-4). Connor Lewis had three hits for Waterford (9-2), including an RBI double in the sixth inning that tied the game at 2-2.
• Will Butler pitched a four-hitter, earning the victory as Niantic beat Moosup 2-1. David Peck had two hits, including a two-run double in the sixth inning for Niantic (10-1).
• Bryce Bedard pitched a six-hitter with eight strikeouts as Ledyard-Pawcatuck beat Norwich 4-3. Ryan Francis doubled for Ledyard-Pawcatuck (5-8) and Logan Gordon had a double for Norwich (1-9).
• Buddy Dewaine had three hits, leading Montville to a 10-3 win over Jewett City. Stephan Rogers singled and tripled for Montville (4-8) and Dominic Walmsley was the winning pitcher.
SEC 16-18 Babe Ruth
• Waterford scored two runs in the bottom of the seventh inning to beat East Lyme 2-1. Griffin Beaney's single scored Justin Pandolfe with the game-winner. Dylan Konakowitz pitched a one-hitter for the win, striking out eight. Kyle McComic doubled and Pandolfe singled and doubled for Waterford (6-2).
Zone VI Junior Legion
• Sam Foster allowed only three hits over five innings while striking out five as Ledyard-Pawcatuck defeated Norwich 5-0 on Tuesday night. Jack Donahue led L-P with three hits while Billy Keane, Dylan Wilkinson and Mike Bruce added two hits apiece.
District 10 LL softball (9-10)
• New London scored nine runs in the fourth inning to end the game on a mercy rule, beating North Stonington 14-4. Shylin Rock was the winning pitcher.
• East Lyme beat Montville 21-7 Tuesday night. Jaylyn Mueller was the winning pitcher, striking out seven. Brooke Taylor had a double for Montville.
District 10 LL baseball (9-10)
• Kenny Miller Jr. was 4-for-5 with four RBI and earned the victory in relief as New London beat Montville 12-9 Tuesday night. Guiseppie Satti had a three-run double for New London and Chaz Terni singled, doubled and drove in two runs for Montville.