Man charged after falling asleep while cooking

Willimantic (AP) — A Connecticut man was charged with reckless endangerment after falling asleep with food cooking on the stove with his 5-year-old daughter in the house.

The Willimantic Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at an apartment on Valley Street Saturday evening and saw smoke coming from a window.

Police said responders could see a girl inside trying to wakes someone up on the couch. The door was locked so they forced their way in. There was food smoking on the stove.

Police say 29-year-old Christopher Adams appeared to be intoxicated.

The girl wasn't injured.

Police arrested Adams on charges of risk of injury to a minor and reckless endangerment. He was being held on a $20,000 bond and was due in court Monday.

Hide Comments

READER COMMENTS

Loading comments...
Hide Comments