- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- 2015 In Review
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
An electrical fire at 22 Cedar Drive in North Stonington has temporarily displaced a family of seven.
Fire Marshal George Brennan said the fire was reported at 2 p.m. Tuesday and was confined to the home’s electrical panel. He said the homeowner disconnected the power and used a fire extinguisher to contain the fire.
The North Stonington Fire Department quickly responded and ensured that the fire did not spread.
Brennan said there was a smoky condition in the home, but the residents should be able to return once the electrical panel is fixed.
The American Red Cross also responded to assist the family of four adults and three children.
Shortly after the North Stonington fire, Brennan responded to a kitchen grease fire at 19 Kidds Way in the Quiambaug section of Stonington.
Brennan said a woman had forgotten that she left a pot on a stove when it caught on fire. Her quick-thinking, 13-year-old son used a fire extinguisher to put out the fire.
“He did a great job,” Brennan said.
Brennan said the home mostly sustained smoke damage.