Firefighters put out evening stove blaze in Taftville

Norwich — Firefighters with the Taftville Volunteer Fire Co. quickly doused a Tuesday evening stove blaze on Shetucket Avenue.

Firefighters said they went to the 31 Shetucket Ave. home about 5:18 p.m. and saw smoke coming from the home and flames visible through the windows.

Personnel doused the flames and ventilated the building, which was unoccupied at the time of the blaze.

The city fire marshal is investigating.

READER COMMENTS

Loading comments...
Hide Comments