Norwich firefighters extinguish blaze in apartment closet

Norwich — City firefighters on Monday evening put out a small blaze in the closet of a School Street apartment, fire officials said.

Firefighters were called to the two-story, multi-family home at 5:21 p.m. On arrival, they located a fire smoldering in a closet within Apartment C, which is on the upper floor.

Firefighters stretched one handline to extinguish the flames and opened one wall to ensure the fire hadn’t spread. They also used a fan to ventilate the living space.

The fire marshal’s office was investigating.

READER COMMENTS

Loading comments...
Hide Comments