Jobs at The Day
Chief Revenue Officer
The Day Publishing Company
New London, Connecticut
We are looking for an innovative and experienced sales leader that has extensive and proven success to lead our sales organization to the next level of performance. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset and the energy and passion to develop, lead and execute The Day’s revenue generation strategy. The CRO will work as our lead sales strategist driving best in class performance across advertising sales teams, marketing, creative, audience development, and agency services. The CRO is a vital member of The Day executive team and will collaborate with the president and publisher to generate additional revenue streams via digital marketing solutions, special events, advertising and marketing agency services, magazines, digital subscriptions and new e-commerce opportunities.
- Define, develop and execute our sales and retention strategy to drive accelerated and profitable revenue growth.
- Lead a team of sales and operational leaders working both strategically and tactically to drive revenue performance and operational excellence to enhance sales team performance.
- Create a high performing sales culture; assess, refine & innovate structure, processes and systems.
- Hold sales managers accountable for performance by reviewing metrics, including forecasting to maximize opportunities and determine areas for improvement.
- Lead creative new multimedia business development efforts to meet and exceed revenue growth objectives.
- Work with sales leaders to manage and develop customer growth strategies to expand share of our advertising customer’s marketing budgets.
- Adapt plans and priorities by interpreting evolving industry trends and understanding changing customer needs.
- Oversee sales operations to systematically train & equip current sales teams and onboard and train new sales representatives to maximum effectiveness.
- Evaluate and refine sales compensation models and reward & recognition systems to maximize impact.
- Work collaboratively with executive team on strategy and implementation of company initiatives.
- Sales Experience: At least ten years’ sales experience in a media sales organization.
- Management Experience: At least 5 years’ experience as a senior leader in a media company, preferably in the newspaper industry. Experience leading multiple sales teams and support departments.
- Team Leadership: Proven ability to mentor, coach, and develop people and lead high-performing teams.
- Revenue Growth: Proven track record of driving significant revenue growth and adept at creating new revenue opportunities.
- Innovative Thinking: Visionary, strategic and creative thinker who embraces and leads change efforts through innovative strategies, action plans, and resources.
- Sales Knowledge: Deep understanding of sales process, revenue forecasting, and revenue growth levers, preferably with strong digital sales experience.
- Ethical Standards: High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
- Marketer: Strong knowledge and understanding of all facets of advertising and marketing.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Leads with integrity to foster collaboration with cross-functional leaders.
- Strong Communication: Excellent presenter and communicator with internal and external customers and partners.
- Strategic Thinker: Ability to develop strategy with disciplined execution.
The Day Publishing Company is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity.
Digital Accounts Coordinator
The Digital Account Coordinator responsible for developing long-term relationships with our portfolio of assigned clients as well as developing new business by connecting with key business executives and stakeholders. You will liaise between clients and cross-functional internal teams to ensure fluid exchange of information between the client and the company.
- Operate as a lead point of contact for all digital clients after completion of the sales process
- Build and maintain a strong, long lasting relationship with these clients by
- Returning communication requests from the client in a timely manner providing outstanding customer service to your clients and regular follow ups
- Keeping the client informed about the status of their purchased products and services
- Quickly and efficiently acquire assets and information from the client per the companies needs to fulfill the clients’ products and services
- Provide clients with digital status reports weekly/monthly
- Identify and grow opportunities with your clients as well as collaborate with the sales team to identify and onboard potential new clients
- Other duties as needed by the company assigned by your supervisor
- Proven account management or related sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively
- Experience delivering client-focused services and solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening, negotiating, and presentation skills
- Tight organizational and time management skills
Motor Route Driver
The Day is currently accepting applications for motor route driver for the town of Uncasville. A valid driver's license, a good driving record, proof of insurance, and a reliable vehicle is required. Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. Excellent pay, early morning hours.
This full-time position is responsible for developing and selling the complete compliment of Day products including print, digital, contests and promotions; providing information to advertisers in a consultative manner; creating effective, professional sales presentations; and creating strong relationships with the local community.
Strong knowledge of print and online media and sales experience in online, print, broadcast, cable or radio a plus.
Must be comfortable with cold-calling to develop new business. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to manage multiple products in a deadline-driven environment. Must have a valid driver’s license and daily access to an automobile.
A competitive compensation package is available including an established book of business, commission, and bonus opportunities! We also offer a full benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k).
If you want to be part of a talented team of individuals who are passionate about the work they do, we want to meet you.
Customer Service Call Center Representative
This is a part time, parent friendly (15-20 hours per week) position with the opportunity for additional hours to cover departmental need that may arise. We are looking for a flexible team player with customer service and data entry skills. Responsibilities include servicing and handling customer inquiries, requests and concerns by phone or the web, while inputting data and updating customer account information; maintaining continued contact with customers to help resolve customer service issues. No cold calling telemarketing involved.
Send, fax or e-mail qualifications and salary requirements to:
The Day Publishing Company
Human Resources Department
47 Eugene O'Neill Drive, P.O. Box 1231
New London, CT 06320