Jobs at The Day
Digital Accounts Coordinator
Responsible for developing long-term relationships with your portfolio of assigned clients as well as developing new business by connecting with key business executives and stakeholders. You will liaise between clients and cross-functional internal teams to ensure fluid exchange of information between the client and the company.
- Operate as a lead point of contact for all digital clients after completion of the sales process
- Build and maintain a strong, long lasting relationship with these clients by
- Returning communication requests from the client in a timely manner providing outstanding customer service to your clients and regular follow ups
- Keeping the client informed about the status of their purchased products and services
- Quickly and efficiently acquire assets and information from the client per the companies needs to fulfill the clients’ products and services
- Provide clients with digital status reports weekly/monthly
- Identify and grow opportunities with your clients as well as collaborate with the sales team to identify and onboard potential new clients
- Other duties as needed by the company assigned by your supervisor
- Proven account management or related sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively
- Experience delivering client-focused services and solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening, negotiating, and presentation skills
- Tight organizational and time management skills
Web/ Wordpress Developer
We are looking for a full time WordPress front-end and back-end support developer. You must be extremely knowledgeable on the backend and extremely competent with front-end responsive technologies. Provide best-in-class customer service focus with a can-do attitude willing to do whatever it takes for our clients.
- Support back-end and front-end WordPress development for a diverse collection of websites.
- Work collaboratively and closely with editors, front-end designers, web producers and other developers.
- Handle support requests from clients, including internal sales team and management.
- Help implement SEO strategy and analytics experience using tools like, AdWords or Google Analytics.
- Maintain the upkeep of customer website environment.
- Effectively manage priorities for multiple concurrent projects.
- Performs any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- 2+ years of experience with WordPress, PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, Responsive Design & W3C standards
- Proficient understanding of client-side scripting including jQuery
- Experience building custom themes, plugins, widgets, WordPress filters, WordPress hooks, etc.
- Experience using browser testing platforms such as YSlow, PageSpeed, BrowserStack, etc.
- Familiarity with web panels including, Webmin and AWS is a plus.
The Day, this region’s largest media company, is seeking a smart, ambitious, energetic, Advertising Assistant with a passion for great work in our New London office. You will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of managing a book of house accounts and work flow of our local outside sales team. You will optimize client interactions by aggressively managing program timelines, reserving and inputting related copy, and by developing/maintaining strong relationships both internally and externally.
The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, organized self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills who can juggle multiple priorities and is committed to excellent customer service. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and data entry experience a plus.
- Media sales and or scheduling experience a plus.
- Team player, very detail-oriented, able to manage multiple projects across various clients, ability to build and maintain client relationships and manage expectations appropriately
- Pro-active with ideas, diligent with follow-through, planning and managing timelines/workflow
Multiplatform Copy Editor
The Day, an award-winning small daily in New London, CT, seeks a multiplatform copy editor. Duties include, edit and paginate pages, including daily and advance; copy edit print and online content; enforce The Day's news policies and style; be trained to back up other designers and copy editors, which will include some night and weekend work; post online content and breaking news throughout the day; participate in the morning news meeting and help lay out a plan for that day's website; help plan daily and Sunday space needs for print. Qualifications required: Three years' journalism experience. Must have strong editing and page layout skills. Prior copy editing experience strongly desired. Photo editing a plus. Must be comfortable with evolving digital publishing technology. Must be willing to work nights and weekends, embrace multitasking and work as part of a team.
Customer Service Call Center Representative
This is a part-time (15-20 hours per week) position. Requirements are proficient data entry skills and the ability to communicate effectively with others. Prior customer service experience is preferred. Must be available to work early morning and weekends.
Motor Route Drivers
The Day is currently accepting applications for motor route drivers for the towns of East Lyme and Niantic. A valid driver’s license, a good driving record, proof of insurance, and a reliable vehicle is required. Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. Excellent pay, early morning hours.
This is a part-time position (10-12 hrs. per week, Monday through Wednesday, afternoon hours) utilizing company vehicle, delivering products to various post offices and commercial customers. Must have valid driver's license, good driving record and experience driving box trucks. Ability to lift 60 lbs., use a pallet jack and fork lift. Must have the ability to work independently and follow instructions. Punctuality and attendance are a must.
Send, fax or e-mail qualifications and salary requirements to:
The Day Publishing Company
Human Resources Department
47 Eugene O'Neill Drive, P.O. Box 1231
New London, CT 06320