Jobs at The Day
Motor Route Driver
The Day is currently accepting applications for a motor route driver for the town of Westerly. A valid driver's license, a good driving record, proof of insurance, and a reliable vehicle is required. Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. Excellent pay, early morning hours.
Web/ Wordpress Developer
The Web/Wordpress Developer’s primary responsibility is website maintenance. Extremely knowledgeable on the backend and competent with responsive web technologies. Provide best-in-class customer service focus with a can-do attitude willing to do whatever it takes for our clients.
- Support back-end and front-end WordPress development for a diverse collection of websites.
- Work collaboratively and closely with editors, front-end designers, web producers and other developers.
- Handle support requests from clients, including internal sales team and management.
- Help implement SEO strategy using AdWords planning tools and Google Analytics.
- Maintain the upkeep of customer websites.
- Effectively manage priorities for multiple concurrent projects.
- Perform other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- 2 plus years of experience with WordPress, PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, Responsive Design & W3C standards
- Proficient understanding of client-side scripting including jQuery
- Experience building custom themes, plugins, widgets, WordPress filters, WordPress hooks, etc.
- Experience using browser testing platforms such as YSlow, PageSpeed, BrowserStack, etc.
- Familiarity with web panels including, Webmin and AWS is a plus.
Social Media Marketing Coordinator
The Social Media Marketing Coordinator is responsible for delivering engaging social media content across multiple social media networks. This position will work both on internal projects as well as for external client related services.
- Build and execute social media strategies through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, html, etc) that builds meaningful connections and encourages audience growth as well as engagement
- Optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community and client requirements
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with other departments (sales, marketing, etc) to manage reputations, identify key players and coordinate actions
- Perform other related duties as needed by the company
- 1-2+ years social networking experience (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc)
- Exceptional skill in writing, rewriting, copyediting and proofreading
- Experience in photography, Photoshop, and graphics design a plus
- Must have experience with social media/blogs and be willing to produce examples of work
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment, while working independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in creating and editing documents in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficient in Outlook and Internet Savvy
This full-time position is responsible for developing and selling the complete compliment of Day products including print, digital, contests and promotions; providing information to advertisers in a consultative manner; creating effective, professional sales presentations; and creating strong relationships with the local community.
Strong knowledge of print and online media and sales experience in online, print, broadcast, cable or radio a plus.
Must be comfortable with cold-calling to develop new business. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to manage multiple products in a deadline-driven environment. Must have a valid driver’s license and daily access to an automobile.
A competitive compensation package is available including an established book of business, commission, and bonus opportunities! We also offer a full benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k).
If you want to be part of a talented team of individuals who are passionate about the work they do, we want to meet you.
Customer Service Call Center Representative
This is a part time, parent friendly (15-20 hours per week) position with the opportunity for additional hours to cover departmental need that may arise. We are looking for a flexible team player with customer service and data entry skills. Responsibilities include servicing and handling customer inquiries, requests and concerns by phone or the web, while inputting data and updating customer account information; maintaining continued contact with customers to help resolve customer service issues. No cold calling telemarketing involved.
Send, fax or e-mail qualifications and salary requirements to:
The Day Publishing Company
Human Resources Department
47 Eugene O'Neill Drive, P.O. Box 1231
New London, CT 06320