Dryer fire in Waterford
Waterford firefighters remove a hose after quickly extinguishing a fire in a clothes dryer at a residence on Melanie Drive in Waterford Tuesday afternoon. The fire was controlled before it spread to the rest of the home. It was called in just past 1 p.m. with the Oswegatchie, Jordan and Cohanzie fire companies responding.
Stories that may interest you
Jessica Michaud of Ledyard looks on as her boyfriend, Francisco Martinez of Rhode Island, carves their names into a tree on Monday at Harkness Memorial State Park in Waterford.
A bicyclist, who wished not to be named, attempts to use an umbrella to stay dry as he moves along Water Street in New London on Monday.
A petition containing the 200 signatures needed to force a referendum had not been filed by the 4 p.m. Monday deadline.
A federal civil rights agency is investigating whether Norwich Free Academy violated the civil rights of a female student who was allegedly involved in a sexual relationship with an athletic coach now facing criminal charges.