Police make fourth arrest in school construction worker assault

New London – The father of one of the men charged in an assault at a construction site last week turned himself in to police Tuesday on charges related to that assault.

Brian P. Sullivan, 47, of Middletown was charged with conspiracy to commit second-degree assault and disorderly conduct Tuesday and is being held on $50,000 bond.

The charges stem from an incident last Thursday when three men, including Sullivan’s son, Vincent Sullivan, allegedly donned ski masks and assaulted a construction worker in broad daylight at the Nathan Hale School construction site at the corner of Beech Drive and Ocean Avenue.

In court Friday, Judge Kevin McMahon called Vincent Sullivan, 22, also of Middletown, a “main player” in the assault. Vincent Sullivan posted a $25,000 bond. He did not appear in court that day but was scheduled for arraignment Wednesday morning on charges of second-degree assault, second-degree reckless endangerment and breach of peace.

Kebner Dulphe III, 27, of Middletown and Nicholas Vinci, 18, of Cromwell also were arrested and face the same charges as Vincent Sullivan.

Police on Wednesday did not say how Brian Sullivan was connected to the case.

According to an incident report, the 54-year-old victim and a witness were leaving the Nathan Hale School job site for the day around 4 p.m. Thursday when a co-worker approached them, upset because he believed they had told his boss he was smoking marijuana on the job. The unidentified co-worker said there would be problems if he lost his job, the report said.

After the confrontation, the victim and the witness continued to walk toward their cars. Suddenly, three men wearing ski masks appeared, and one of them started to hit the victim in the face, the two men said.

The witness said he noticed a maroon Toyota Camry parked on the sidewalk and took down its license plate number because he believed the men had arrived in that car.

Police spoke to a second witness who said he had noticed the car the day before because it had entered and quickly exited the job site.

Waterford police stopped the Camry on Marilyn Road. All three men in the car were detained and taken to New London police headquarters.

Police said the victim was taken to Lawrence & Memorial Hospital with a broken nose and collapsed eye socket.

Dulphe and Vinci are next scheduled to appear in court May 8.



Loading comments...
Hide Comments