H.S. girls' basketball: Sullivan helps Saints beat Lancers
Montville - Casey Sullivan scored 14 points in the second half, including four 3-pointers, as St. Bernard School pulled away to defeat Waterford, 42-26, in a girls' basketball game Tuesday night.
The Saints (5-4) led 15-11 at the break, but took control in the second half. Sullivan hit a pair of threes in the third quarter when St. Bernard outscored the Lancers 14-7 and had eight more in in the fourth.
Sullivan (15 points, eight rebounds) and Brittney Walenta (15 points, six rebounds) combined for 23 of the Saints' 27 points in the second half.
Kaitlyn Berkel added 10 points, 12 rebounds and five assists for St. Bernard while Kate Haff scored eight points for Waterford (2-8).
In other games:
• Alyssa Velles scored 25 points and Olivia Lane 11 as Norwich Free Academy routed Woodstock Academy 57-24 in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division. Velles and Lane each made three 3-pointers for the Wildcats (9-3, 4-1), who led 22-7 at halftime.
• Ledyard raced to a 20-2 lead after one quarter and cruised to a 59-20 win over Griswold, the Colonels' fourth straight win. Olivia DelGrosso paced Ledyard (9-2) with 11 points while Michelle Klinikowski added 10 and Hannah Lawrence had eight.
• Tatyana LaFrance Boyce had 12 points, six steals and four assists as Stonington edged Plainfield, 53-51. Amanda Roy had five 3-pointers for 16 points for Stonington (6-5) and Margot Calmar added eight points and 11 rebounds.
• Hannah Behringer had 20 points and seven rebounds, but Old Lyme was beaten by Valley Regional, 48-40, in the Shoreline Conference. The Wilcats are 2-7, 2-7.
• Marion Philippe had 16 points, 11 rebounds, four blocks and three steals to helpe lead Williams School to its first win of the season, a 41-34 victory over Providence Country Day. Paola Vangjeli added eight points and four steals for the Blues (1-4) while Camisha Moore had six steals and Emily Hamilton had four assists and three steals.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES