H.S. basketball roundup: Waterford boys qualify for state tournament
Waterford - Donny Craig scored a game-high 21 points as Waterford High School defeated rival East Lyme, 64-57, and qualified for the state tournament Tuesday afternoon.
Jordan Hamler added 16 points for the Lancers (8-4), who won the CIAC Class M title last season - the first in program history - but has been bumped up to Class L this season.
Wade McNamara had 18 points for the Vikings (3-9) and Dean Beebe added 15 points.
In other games:
• Will Thompson scored 11 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter to lift Morgan to a 60-52 win over Old Lyme in the Shoreline Conference. Tyler Anglin had 12 points for Morgan. George Logan had 24 points for the Wildcats (8-3) and Dan Chapman scored 12.
• Devin Willard had 27 points, including five 3-pointers, as Killingly beat St. Bernard, 62-57. Brian Harper had 17 points for the Saints (8-5) and Anthony Malchiodi added 10 points.
• Steve Greenslade had 10 points in St. Thomas More's 55-26 loss to Providence Country Day. Iriquoi Reels added five points and six rebounds for the Chancellors.
• J'Quan Moore had 17 points in Grasso Tech's 54-53 loss to Windham Tech. Rob Feliciano had 12 points and 11 rebounds for the Eagles (4-7).
• Jamie Hill scored a game-high 15 points and Meghan Autencio added 13 points and seven assists in Montville's 42-31 win over New London.
The Indians are 13-2 overall. Lexus Childs-Harris led New London (8-6) with 10 points and Cherie Osborne had eight points.
• Allison Stoddard scored 17 points and Jenna Schumacher added 14, leading East Lyme past Waterford, 57-41. Colleen Durkheim added nine points for the Vikings (12-2) while Sara Pacheco had 12 points and 16 rebounds while Vanessa Kobyluck added 10 points for the Lancers (2-12).
• Lexis Foster scored 17 points to lead Fitch to a 40-15 win over Killingly. Mackenzie Aldridge added 11 points for the Falcons (4-11).
• Tyra Wolchesky scored 11 points and Kianna Dailey added eight rebounds in Norwich Tech's 36-22 loss to Classical Magnet in the Constitution State Conference. The Warriors fell to 2-12, 1-9.
Stories that may interest you
Andrew Koziol passed for three touchdowns and 270 yards in a 35-12 win over Ledyard on Friday.
Valley Regional/Old Lyme scored on back-to-back drives against Cromwell on back-to-back plays Friday night, going on to an eventual 21-0 victory over Cromwell in the Pequot Sassacus Division.
Valley/Old Lyme 21, Cromwell/Portland 0 Bacon 35, Stonington 7, final Griswold/Wheeler 35, Ledyard 12, final Waterford 62, Montville 20, final
Waterford's Ryan Bakken has thrown for 10 TDs in two weeks, five more during the Lancers' 62-20 victory over Montville on Friday.