Local roundup: They're Logan's heroes, as Wildcats top Hale-Ray
Old Lyme - George Logan had 31 points and Matti Fuller added 18 as Old Lyme High School trounced Hale-Ray of East Haddam on Tuesday, 103-73, in a Shoreline Conference boys' basketball game.
Andrew Tyrol had 16 points for Old Lyme (11-5) and Slater Gregory added nine points.
Jason Traceski scored 17 for the Little Noises.
In other games:
• Keith Porter had 27 points and 18 rebounds for New London as it beat Fitch 70-54 in the ECC Large. Colin Sawyer had 16 points for New London (11-6, 7-2) and Seth Lake had nine points. Mario Graham had 15 points for the Falcons (3-13, 2-7) and Mark Evans added 12.
• Jackson Donahue had 17 points as Stonington downed Waterford 64-54 in the ECC Medium. Jack Dipollino had 16 points for Stonington (10-6, 5-4) and Willie Harris added 14. Schneider Jean-Pierre had 19 points for Waterford (10-7, 4-5) and Danny Martin scored 15.
• Norwich Free Academy converted only 6 of 15 free throws, contributing to a 47-41 loss to Woodstock in the ECC Large Division. Ryan Lusk had 14 points and Marcus Outlow scored 17 for the Wildcats (10-6, 5-4). Ian Converse had 18 points for Woodstock (14-2, 8-1), which went 13-for-17 from the line.
• Chris Gonnelli had 22 points and 18 rebounds as Lyman Memorial beat St. Bernard 59-56 in the ECC Small. Ajay Gonnelli had 12 points and seven assists for Lyman (7-9, 5-4) and Dylan Conley added 12 points and seven rebounds. Anthony Malchiodi had 18 points for St. Bernard (8-9, 5-4).
• Jordan Gionet had 15 points to lead Griswold past Wheeler 63-34 in the ECC Small. Griswold is 5-11, 4-5. Nate Storey and Andrew Swift both had eight points for Wheeler (2-14, 0-9).
• Buddy Dewaine scored 12 points in Montville's 58-42 loss to Killingly in the ECC Medium. The Indians fell to 5-12, 1-8.
• Shaquan Jackson had 23 points to lead O'Brien Tech of Ansonia past Norwich Tech 66-43 in a Constitution State Conference game. Chris Kelly scored 22 for O'Brien (13-4). Tyriece Burke had 10 points for Norwich Tech (1-12).
• Ethan Opsahl won the 100-yard freestyle and swam on the winning 200 medley relay and 200 freestyle relay teams as East Lyme downed Waterford 105-74 in an ECC meet.
Zachary Kosakowski, Sam Magna and Scott Reyes swam on the winning 200 medley relay team for East Lyme (11-1, 9-0). Ben Biondi, Mark Chmielewski and Andrew Rubino were part of the winning 200 freestyle relay team.
• Adam Tran won the 50 freestyle (22.85) and Matt Peluso took first in the 500 freestyle (5:31.95), leading Ledyard-Stonington to a 93-77 victory over Windham in the ECC. Tran, Collin Esquirol, Mike Hughes and John Moody combined to win the 200 medley relay (1:52.78) for the Colonels (9-1, 8-1).
•Aidan Ely won the 100-yard butterfly in 1:02.49, leading a sweep in that event as Fitch defeated New London 89-48 in the ECC. Dakota Williams and Sam Kokomoor finished second and third, respectively, behind Ely. Fitch is 4-5, 4-5. New London is 0-9, 0-9.
• Sophomore Brooke Martel of Griswold had 16 points to lead Becker College past Mitchell College 70-60 in the New England Collegiate Conference. Freshman Amanda Garcia led the Mariners (4-16, 4-10) with 19 points while junior Kate Mulloy had 14 points and 14 rebounds.
• Philkwan Tate had 16 points and nine rebounds while New London's Malcolm Simmons added 10 points and 14 rebounds in Avery Point's 61-51 loss to Naval Prep. The Pointers fell to 7-11.
Chong chosen for WBCA game
• Saniya Chong, a senior at Ossining (N.Y.) High School and incoming member of the UConn women's basketball team, was chosen to play in the Women's Basketball Coaches Association high school All-America game to be held at the Women's Final Four in New Orleans.
Chong, a 5-foot-9 point guard, was named Sports Illustrated's High School Player of the Week on Jan. 17. She averaged 33.6 points, 10 assists, 5.3 rebounds and 5 steals as a junior. This year, she is averaging 35.3 points, 9.6 assists and 5.3 rebounds per game, as well as shooting 86.4 percent from the free throw line.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA