Local roundup: They're Logan's heroes, as Wildcats top Hale-Ray
Old Lyme - George Logan had 31 points and Matti Fuller added 18 as Old Lyme High School trounced Hale-Ray of East Haddam on Tuesday, 103-73, in a Shoreline Conference boys' basketball game.
Andrew Tyrol had 16 points for Old Lyme (11-5) and Slater Gregory added nine points.
Jason Traceski scored 17 for the Little Noises.
In other games:
• Keith Porter had 27 points and 18 rebounds for New London as it beat Fitch 70-54 in the ECC Large. Colin Sawyer had 16 points for New London (11-6, 7-2) and Seth Lake had nine points. Mario Graham had 15 points for the Falcons (3-13, 2-7) and Mark Evans added 12.
• Jackson Donahue had 17 points as Stonington downed Waterford 64-54 in the ECC Medium. Jack Dipollino had 16 points for Stonington (10-6, 5-4) and Willie Harris added 14. Schneider Jean-Pierre had 19 points for Waterford (10-7, 4-5) and Danny Martin scored 15.
• Norwich Free Academy converted only 6 of 15 free throws, contributing to a 47-41 loss to Woodstock in the ECC Large Division. Ryan Lusk had 14 points and Marcus Outlow scored 17 for the Wildcats (10-6, 5-4). Ian Converse had 18 points for Woodstock (14-2, 8-1), which went 13-for-17 from the line.
• Chris Gonnelli had 22 points and 18 rebounds as Lyman Memorial beat St. Bernard 59-56 in the ECC Small. Ajay Gonnelli had 12 points and seven assists for Lyman (7-9, 5-4) and Dylan Conley added 12 points and seven rebounds. Anthony Malchiodi had 18 points for St. Bernard (8-9, 5-4).
• Jordan Gionet had 15 points to lead Griswold past Wheeler 63-34 in the ECC Small. Griswold is 5-11, 4-5. Nate Storey and Andrew Swift both had eight points for Wheeler (2-14, 0-9).
• Buddy Dewaine scored 12 points in Montville's 58-42 loss to Killingly in the ECC Medium. The Indians fell to 5-12, 1-8.
• Shaquan Jackson had 23 points to lead O'Brien Tech of Ansonia past Norwich Tech 66-43 in a Constitution State Conference game. Chris Kelly scored 22 for O'Brien (13-4). Tyriece Burke had 10 points for Norwich Tech (1-12).
• Ethan Opsahl won the 100-yard freestyle and swam on the winning 200 medley relay and 200 freestyle relay teams as East Lyme downed Waterford 105-74 in an ECC meet.
Zachary Kosakowski, Sam Magna and Scott Reyes swam on the winning 200 medley relay team for East Lyme (11-1, 9-0). Ben Biondi, Mark Chmielewski and Andrew Rubino were part of the winning 200 freestyle relay team.
• Adam Tran won the 50 freestyle (22.85) and Matt Peluso took first in the 500 freestyle (5:31.95), leading Ledyard-Stonington to a 93-77 victory over Windham in the ECC. Tran, Collin Esquirol, Mike Hughes and John Moody combined to win the 200 medley relay (1:52.78) for the Colonels (9-1, 8-1).
•Aidan Ely won the 100-yard butterfly in 1:02.49, leading a sweep in that event as Fitch defeated New London 89-48 in the ECC. Dakota Williams and Sam Kokomoor finished second and third, respectively, behind Ely. Fitch is 4-5, 4-5. New London is 0-9, 0-9.
• Sophomore Brooke Martel of Griswold had 16 points to lead Becker College past Mitchell College 70-60 in the New England Collegiate Conference. Freshman Amanda Garcia led the Mariners (4-16, 4-10) with 19 points while junior Kate Mulloy had 14 points and 14 rebounds.
• Philkwan Tate had 16 points and nine rebounds while New London's Malcolm Simmons added 10 points and 14 rebounds in Avery Point's 61-51 loss to Naval Prep. The Pointers fell to 7-11.
Chong chosen for WBCA game
• Saniya Chong, a senior at Ossining (N.Y.) High School and incoming member of the UConn women's basketball team, was chosen to play in the Women's Basketball Coaches Association high school All-America game to be held at the Women's Final Four in New Orleans.
Chong, a 5-foot-9 point guard, was named Sports Illustrated's High School Player of the Week on Jan. 17. She averaged 33.6 points, 10 assists, 5.3 rebounds and 5 steals as a junior. This year, she is averaging 35.3 points, 9.6 assists and 5.3 rebounds per game, as well as shooting 86.4 percent from the free throw line.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES