Local roundup: Sun to offer single-game tickets starting Monday
Mohegan - The Connecticut Sun will begin offering single game tickets for the 2013 season on Monday at 10 a.m.
Fans can purchase tickets to all 17 regular-season home games at Mohegan Sun Arena as well as tickets for a preseason game on Saturday, May 11 against the New York Liberty. Tickets will be available at Ticketmaster.com, WNBA.com/tickets, or by calling 1-877-WNBA-TIX.
Connecticut opens its 11th season, and first under new head coach Anne Donovan, on Saturday, May 25 at home against the Liberty at 7 p.m. Connecticut will play six of its first 10 games at home.
Women's water polo
• Host Connecticut College advanced to the championship game of the Collegiate Water Polo Association Div. III tournament, beating Washington & Jefferson 8-7 in a semifinal. The Camels (14-6, 12-2) beat Penn State-Behrend 18-4 in the first round. Isabelle Baneux and Kristin Lampley scored two goals each and Ashley Amey made eight saves for Conn in the semifinal. Katie Jacobson, Kelsey Millward and Ciara Beaulieu had three goals each against Penn State-Behrend.
H.S. girls' tennis
• Stonington won all but five games to remain undefeated with a 7-0 win over Bacon Academy in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division match at Mystic Indoor Tennis. Annika Burgess, Chloe Slater, Caroline Kam and Molly Kam won singles matches for Stonington (5-0, 3-0) along with the doubles teams of Hannah Fabianski-Emily Buxton, Meg Rolfe-Emily Gardner and Gina Feliciano-Taylor Startz.
H.S. girls' lacrosse
• Morgan took an 11-3 halftime lead and went on to beat Ledyard 16-9. Kerrie Gardner had four goals and two assists, Michaela Holland scored twice and had an assist for Ledyard (1-3).
• UConn broke a scoreless tie with three runs in the top of the eighth inning and held on to beat Villanova 4-3 in the Big East. L.J. Mazzilli was 4-for-4 for UConn (20-13, 6-4). Caron Cross (6-1) allowed five hits and no runs over seven innings for the win, striking out seven with one walk.
H.S. boys' lacrosse
• Kevin Kohlhepp had three goals and three assists during Ledyard's 16-1 victory over Wheeler on Thursday in the ECC Small Division. Connor Wilt added three goals for the Colonels (3-1, 1-0) while Nick LoBianco had two goals and two assists, Nick Lauer scored twice and Nick Shultz had one goal and three assists.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES