O.J. Simpson wins parole in robbery case
CARSON CITY, Nev. — O.J. Simpson has been granted parole on some charges stemming from his 2008 kidnapping and armed robbery convictions involving the holdup of two sports memorabilia dealers at a Las Vegas hotel room.
The Nevada Board of Parole Commissioners on Wednesday released an order approving the former NFL star's parole request.
But the order doesn't mean Simpson will be leaving Lovelock Correctional Center anytime soon. Because he was convicted on multiple charges, Simpson still faces at least four more years in prison on sentences that were ordered to run consecutively.
Simpson appeared before a two-member parole panel last Thursday to plead for leniency. He expressed regret for his actions and said he's tried to be a model inmate while behind bars.
Prison officials say he's had no disciplinary actions against him.
Stories that may interest you
Texas has executed a man who maintained his innocence in the abduction, rape and murder of a suburban Houston community college student more than 20 years ago
The U.S. federal deficit will expand by about $800 billion more than previously expected over the next decade, the Congressional Budget Office said Wednesday.
Sudan's top general sworn in as leader of a joint military-civilian body that's to rule until elections can be held