H.S. softball: NFA hands Montville first loss
Montville - Sophia Formiglio went 3-for-4 and Emily Arico went 2-for-5 with a double, helping the Norwich Free Academy softball team to a 12-2 win over Montville on Thursday.
It was the Indians' first loss of the season.
Megan Weir also had two hits and was the winning pitcher for the Wildcats (4-3).
Caitlin Perkins and Hannah Meyers had two singles apiece for Montville (5-1).
In other games:
• Theresa Kane went 4-for-5 with three runs scored, powering Stonington past Plainfield, 14-8, in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division. Jess Connor had a double, triple and two runs scored and Emma Miller added a single, triple and RBI for the Bears (6-1, 3-0), who broke the game open with six runs in the sixth inning.
• Kiely Smith had three hits and an RBI as St. Bernard defeated Woodstock Academy, 8-3. Gretchen Greene drove in two runs for the Saints (6-1) and Amy Bouchard was the winning pitcher.
• Sam Muller went 3-for-3 with two RBI in Wheeler's 11-4 victory over Ledyard. Kylie Baker had two singles and two RBI and winning pitcher Jenn Paride allowed six hits, striking out 11 and walking one for the Lions (3-1). Hannah Lawrence doubled for the Colonels (3-4).
• Jayden Delaporta had four hits and was the winning pitcher as Fitch trounced Windham, 28-0, in five innings. Jackie Lewis added four hits for the Falcons (6-0).
• Amber Maher had three hits and Amanda Overton homered in Grasso Tech's 23-13 win over Capital Prep. Sophia Green had two hits for the Eagles.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES