H.S. lacrosse roundup: Cassata leads Bears to victory
Stonington — Senior Emily Cassata scored five goals and added two assists to power Stonington past Waterford, 14-6, Thursday in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division girls' lacrosse game.
Hannah Johnson scored four goals while Emily Grey added two goals and two assists and Jenny Sieczkiewicz had two goals for the Bears (11-0, 6-0).
Riley Dimmock scored two goals to lead the Lancers (5-4, 4-2). Lexi Lewis, Julie Peay, Briana Sotiropolus and Mckenzie Griffith-Potter also each had a goal.
• Gabby Fiengo scored four goals and had two assists, leading East Lyme to an 18-4 win over NFA in the ECC Large Division. Caroline Gonsalves had three goals and two assists for East Lyme (8-3, 5-0). Melissa Rayment had a goal and an assist for NFA (4-6, 2-2).
• Liz Guston had five goals and Elle Phetteplace scored four goals in Ledyard's 13-9 win over St. Bernard in the ECC Small. Leslie Dunn and Brook Schahill each had two goals for the Colonels (6-4, 4-3). Shannon Amarello had five goals for the Saints (5-4-1, 2-4).
• Michelina Pinto finished with five goals and three assists and Lauren Roper had three goals and five assists in Fitch's 16-5 win over Woodstock in the ECC Large. Jackie Kokomoor had three goals and two assists while Daria McKenna and Vineela Kanagala each had two goals for the Falcons (4-5-1, 2-3).
• Allie Buckley had five goals and six assists as Old Lyme downed Morgan, 16-10, in the Shoreline Conference. Sloane Sweitzer had five goals and two assists for Old Lyme (6-2, 3-2) and Alston Rountree and Catie Quaratella both scored twice. Also, Meredith Britton had 13 saves.
• Nick Lauer had five goals and Alec Powell scored four times as Ledyard beat St. Bernard/Wheeler, 20-3, in the ECC Small. Jake Christensen, Ian Foster, Adam Hildebrandt, Nick LoBianco and Nick Schultz all scored twice for the Colonels (8-2, 5-0). Jayson Bliven, Carter Dole and Mike Guth scored for the Saints (2-9, 1-4).
• Griffin Woods had two goals and five assists to power East Lyme past Norwich Free Academy, 13-4, in the ECC Large Division. Nic Page had four goals and two assists while Evan Opsahl and Eric Aarsand each added two goals for the Vikings (8-3, 5-0). Logan Morin had three goals for the Wildcats (4-8, 1-4).
• Ryan Reuling had five goals and three assists and Grayson Reuling scored seven times as Fitch beat Woodstock Academy, 19-10, in the ECC Large. Andrew Singer had three goals and two assists for Fitch (5-5, 3-2) and Robert Watts had two goals and three assists.
• Henry Hunt had six goals and two assists as Old Lyme beat Morgan 16-11 in a Shoreline Conference game. Jacob Fenton had four goals and five assists, Ian Humphreys had three goals and two assists for Old Lyme (7-2).
• Jack Riordan had six goals with four assists as Stonington beat Waterford 13-8 in the ECC Small Division. Will Iorio and Tyler Grills scored three goals each, Zach Poirier had three assists and Cole Curtis made seven saves for Stonington (6-5, 4-1). Michael Beltran scored three goals, Grant Larson and Bray Potter had two goals each, Tony Vocalina had a goal and two assists and Taylor Huta made eight saves for Waterford (3-8, 2-3).
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES