Local Roundup: Visgilio pitches Old Lyme past No. 9 East Hampton
Old Lyme - Will Visgilio pitched a one-hitter as Old Lyme High School shocked East Hampton on Monday, 1-0, in a Shoreline Conference baseball game.
Phil Cohen had two hits and scored for the Wildcats (6-8, 6-7) and Dave Peck had two hits and an RBI. Hunter Sheffield added two hits, including a double.
The Bellringers (11-2, 10-2) are ranked ninth in the New Haven Register Top 10 poll.
In other games:
• Quantique White with a two-hitter as New London beat Bullard-Havens 4-0. White struck out 10 with two walks and Jason Edwards and Josh Vincent each had two hits and drove in a run for New London (5-9).
• Jay Quido pitched a three-hitter as North Branford beat NFA, 2-0. Chance Gendron tripled for NFA (8-7) and Griffen Gooden doubled.
• Williams lost in the first round of the SENE tournament, falling to Marianapolis 13-1 in five innings. Nick Smith singled home Jake Parizo in the fourth inning for Williams (4-9).
• Providence Country Day beat St. Thomas More 12-0 in the first round of the SENE tournament.
• Mike Dellaporta doubled and Kevin Knowles singled for Wheeler's only two hits in a 4-0 loss to Lyman Memorial in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division. The Lions are 3-8, 1-5.
• Killingly scored two runs in the seventh inning to rally past Stonington, 6-5, in the ECC Medium. Corey Sipos had the game-winning hit for the Redmen. Connor Gilbert went 3-for-3 with an RBI and John Moody had two hits and three RBI for the Bears (2-12, 1-6).
• Josh Turkowski scored with three seconds left in the game to give Old Lyme a 16-15 win over Bacon Academy in a nonleague game. Henry Hunt and Ian Humphreys had five goals each for Old Lyme (9-2), Jacob Fenton had two goals and seven assists, Hunt had three assists, Eric Behringer scored twice and Seth Rohrberg made 10 saves for the Wildcats.
• Gabby Iaconiello had four goals and an assist to lead Montville past Wheeler, 11-5, in the ECC Small. Katherine Namin had three goals and an assist for Montville (4-7, 2-4) and Rachel Marchini scored twice. Jess Muller had three goals and an assist for the Lions (0-10, 0-6).
• Kamryn Grace scored six goals to lead NFA to a 21-9 win over Woodstock in the ECC Large Division. Hannah Long and Sam Trombley had five goals each, Christina Konstantinidis made nine saves and Casey Worski and Melissa Rayment each scored twice for NFA (5-7, 3-2).
• Sloane Sweitzer had seven goals and four assists as Old Lyme downed North Branford, 22-8, in the Shoreline Conference. Allie Buckley had five goals and seven assists for the Wildcats (7-2, 5-2) while Sydney Cowell and Liz Scott both scored four times.
• Lexi Lewis scored four goals and Julia Peay scored three times as Waterford beat Bacon 18-6. McKenzie Griffith-Potter had two goals and four assists and Leah Petrini, Riley Dimmock and Julie Chabot had two goals each for Waterford (6-4).
• Norwich Tech edged Ellis Tech 210-211 in a Constitution State Conference match at Norwich Golf Course. Alex Valdes was the medalist with a 48 for Grasso (12-3) and Ackens King, Joe Bacon, Sheyanne Biltcliffe and Josh Gilot also contributed to the victory.
• Old Lyme picked up a split in a Shoreline Conference tri-match at Clinton Country Club, losing to Morgan 155-181 and beating Hale-Ray (197). Jake Tiffany and Graham Aird each shot a 6-over-par 41 for Old Lyme (5-5, 3-3).
New London Babe Ruth
• Registration for 16-18 New London Babe Ruth baseball is today at Mercer Field from 5:30-6:30 p.m. New players must present original birth certificate and proof of residency and cost is $100. Contact: Anna at (860) 443-7553.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES