H.S. soccer: Robbie Negahban's late goal wins it for Waterford
Montville — Robbie Negahban's goal in the 74th minute broke a 1-all tie and lifted Waterford to a 2-1 win over Montville in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II boys' soccer game Friday night.
Waterford (1-1, 1-0) held a 1-0 halftime lead on Avery Albanese's goal, but Julian Valdes tied it in the second half for Montville (2-2, 0-2).
Alex Fayan stopped seven shots for Waterford, which was outshot 14-10. Jose Zuniga countered with five for Montville.
In other games:
• Max Wojtas, Graham Johnstone and Cam Whalen all had first-half goals to lead Stonington to a 3-1 ECC Division II win over Bacon Academy. James Magowan had two assists and Adam Gibbs collected two saves as the Bears (4-0, 2-0) outshot Bacon 15-4.
• Duncan Manthous' four goals helped East Lyme to its first win of the year, 8-0 over New London. Alec Kosinski, Kurt Mahlke, Jared Subiono and Riley Carr also scored for the Vikings (1-0-2, 1-0-1 ECC Division I). Sean Heaney and Sunny Lall combined on the shutout. New London is 0-2, 0-2.
• Brandon Baker and Jordan Baker scored two goals apiece as Prince Tech/University beat Norwich Tech 6-2 in the Connecticut Technical Conference. Evan Socha and Kevin Porras scored goals for Norwich Tech, which trailed 3-2 at the half, and Ismael DePina added an assist.
• Alfonso Vasquez scored three goals as Windham defeated St. Bernard 8-0 in an ECC Division III game. Goalies Martin Arvidson (12 saves) and Quincy Francios (two) combined for 14 saves for the Saints (0-3, 0-2).
• Kevin Vazquez scored in each half to help Grasso Tech win its first game of the season, 2-0 over Goodwin Tech. Kevin Duarte had two assists and Joel Potter stopped four shots for the shutout.
• Harrison Anselmi scored a pair of goals, Taicheng Weng had one and Williams School also had an own goal during its 4-3 win over Hoosac. The Blues led 4-0 before Hoosac scored three goals in the second half to close the gap.
• Old Lyme remained undefeated with a 6-0 win over Westbrook. Ciara Klimaszewski scored three goals and Maddie Ouellette added a goal and assist as the Wildcats improved to 3-0, 2-0 in the Shoreline Conference. Mya Johnson and Grace Lathrop rounded out the scoring.
• Karlie Rowe scored three goals as East Lyme won its first game 8-0 over New London in an ECC Division I matchup. J'Nya Kelly, Alivia Catanzaro, Grace Wargo, Karena Kung and Sophia Riker also scored for the Vikings (1-2, 1-1) while goalies Elianny Castillo and Jaelynn Potter combined for 15 saves for New London (0-2, 0-2).
• Emma Morgan had two goals and one assist while Daniela Roy scored a goal during Wheeler's 3-3 nonconference tie with Parish Hill. Goalies Kassie Startz and Kendra Perez combined to make 15 saves for the Lions (0-1-1).
• Juliette Hogan scored a pair of first-half goals as Norwich Free Academy defeated Fitch 3-1 in an ECC Division I game on Thursday. Natalie Dionne added a goal and an assist for NFA (2-0, 2-0), while Maddie Catlett scored the lone goal for Fitch (1-2, 0-1).
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES