H.S. softball: Stonington rallies to beat Woodstock 7-6
Stonington — Erin Craig went 3-for-4 with two RBI as Stonington scored four runs in the fifth inning and three in the sixth to rally past Woodstock Academy 7-6 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II softball game on Wednesday.
Maggie Constantine had three hits and an RBI while Sarah Flakus added two hits for the Bears (6-1, 3-0), who have won five straight games.
In other games:
• Mya Delesdernier's two-run double in the fourth inning lifted East Lyme past Fitch 2-1 in ECC Division I play. Alexandra Chambers had two hits and winning pitcher Isabel Siciliano struck out seven and allowed six singles for the Vikings (2-4, 2-1). Olivia Carney led the Falcons (1-5, 0-2) with two hits.
• Audrey Gavin had three hits and two runs and pitched a complete game with five strikeouts as Old Lyme downed Valley Regional 8-5 in the Shoreline Conference. Grace Lathrop hit a two-run home run for Old Lyme (5-2, 4-2) and Paige Kolesnik went 2-for-2 with two runs.
• Hannah Smith struck out 13 as Norwich Tech blanked Windham Tech 15-0 in the Connecticut Technical Conference. Emily McBride had two doubles, two RBI and three runs scored for Norwich Tech, while Kaitlyn Gifford had three RBI.
• Briana Beverly and Taina Quinones had two hits apiece for St. Bernard in a 17-1 loss to Plainfield in ECC Division III. The Saints are 2-4, 1-3.
• Shea Gendron had five hits and two RBI as Norwich Free Academy defeated Ledyard 12-3 in an ECC Divisioni I game. Alex Burdick had three hits and three RBI for NFA (5-2, 3-0) and Bailey Comeau, Brooke Gottshall and Julie Vincent had two hits apiece.
• Ciana Chiappone, Chloe McCue and Regan Mazzulli had two hits apiece as Waterford defeated Killingly 12-4 in ECC Division II. Madison Nott drove in two runs and Rachel Miller was the winning pitcher for the Lancers (4-2, 4-0).
• Wheeler forfeited its game to Griswold in an ECC Division III matchup. The Lions (1-5, 0-3) trailed 19-0 after three innings when coach Joe Cawley opted not to continue against the unbeaten Wolverines.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES