H.S. basketball roundup: Beltran (23) strikes from 3-point range to lead Saints
Montville — Joe Beltran scored 23 points as the St. Bernard School boys' basketball team beat Montville 71-46 Friday.
Frank Pacheco had 13 points, Max Lee scored 12 and Beltran had five 3-pointers for the Saints (9-3). Zach Southard led Montville (4-7) with 11 points.
In other games:
• Omar Whitmore scored 20 points to lead Ledyard to a 62-50 win over Bacon Academy. Ken Turner and Seamus McGrath had 12 points each for Ledyard (5-6).
• Grasso Tech lost to Cheney Tech 62-47 in a Connecticut Technical Conference game. Jacob Cortes led Grasso (2-10) with 12 points.
• Griswold beat Wheeler 66-41. Scott Pion had 11 points, Ian Spracklin scored 10 and Bowen Baker had five assists for Wheeler (3-7).
• Geovanna Taitague scored 18 points as Norwich Tech beat Vinal Tech 37-23 in a CTC game. Julia Robert had 14 rebounds and Kiara Jerard had 11 rebounds for Norwich Tech (4-10, 3-3) which beat Vinal for the second time this season.
• Megan Bauman scored 26 points, including four 3-point field goals, and Sophie Dubreuil 20 as East Lyme topped Waterford 58-50. Milly Walker scored 28 points for Waterford (5-9). East Lyme is 9-6.
• Windham outscored St. Bernard 14-6 in the fourth quarter for a 45-39 win. Emily Nelson had 12 points and Carly Potts and Lindsey Clement had nine points each for St. Bernard (5-9).
• Montville lost to Plainfield 34-29. Maya Hillman had 14 rebounds, nine points and five blocked shots and Lauren Velazquez scored nine points and had seven steals for Montville (10-6).
• Cheney Tech's Alexah Potter scored 23 points in a 48-14 win over Grasso Tech in a CTC game. Erin Blake and Keylin Robles each scored four points for Grasso (1-12).
Stories that may interest you
The Killingly wrestling team won two more matches by pin than Montville to help it win 39-33 on Wednesday night.
By the time he retired in 2002, Wootten had won 1,274 games and lost 192.