Cut the waste, for planet's sake
Slim down your waste!
While it is vitally important that our municipal, state and federal government agencies work aggressively on environmental protection acts, it is our individual actions that really make a difference. We must all learn to trim a little off our waste, little by little, every day. Small changes can make a big difference over time toward a healthier environment.
Some ways to begin your slim-down could include:
- Go back to the bar! Bar soap that is, no plastic container waste
- Use real cutlery not plastic for parties and picnics (keep a party supply handy)
- Never use a straw
- Decide against single use (anything)
- Always use a reusable shopping bag
- Use your own drinking vessel
- Give up bottled water
- Return returnables
- Consider wasteful packaging when purchasing
- Do your best to compost vegetable scraps
- Please take the time to refer to the website: RecycleCT.
Old Lyme Recycling and Waste Committee
Stories that may interest you
Historic downtown Mystic streets are beginning to resemble a war zone! In case anyone has not noticed, the downtown Mystic residential streets look horrible. The Groton Public Works Department has torn up these streets and water hydrant areas and haphazardly repaved them. The paving is...
The juxtaposition of articles with pictures on the front page of a recent paper has solidified my thinking that the proposed Coast Guard Museum belongs at Fort Trumbull rather...
Every country has the right to decide whom they allow to enter. We may or may not agree with their reasoning, but that is irrelevant. A sovereign nation is well within its rights to determine the conditions for itself. This is certainly applicable in the case of Israel barring U.S. Reps.
Your recent article, “Norwich clergy group working on meeting with Tigers’ owner,” (Aug 21), on Miles Prentice, owner of the Connecticut Tigers team and a...