Local college notes
Around the region
• New London's AJ Dillon, a star running back for the Boston College Eagles, rushed for 223 yards and three touchdowns in a 45-24 win over North Carolina State on Saturday. He's closing in on two school records, needing 75 yards to break Andre Williams's mark for career rushing yards and two scores to become the program's all-time touchdown leader. He has 3,665 yards and 32 touchdowns in his career.
• Stonington graduate Seamus Wallace, a senior punter for the Assumption football team, is averaging a Northeast 10 Conference best 42.1 yards per kick. His teammates include NFA graduate Noah Brown, an offensive guard, and sophomore linebacker Travis Pacheco from Stonington.
• East Lyme's Matt Malcom was one of several athletes honored with individual awards at the Eastern Connecticut State University Athletics Alumni Hall of Fame banquet. A catcher for the baseball team, Malcom was selected as the Team Sport Male Rookie of the Year. As a freshman, he earned Little East Conference rookie of the year and all-conference second team honors after leading the team in runs, home runs, doubles, slugging, extra base hits and putouts and finishing second in batting average and hits.
• Central Connecticut State University junior Megan Brawner, a Ledyard High School graduate, placed 21st in the New England Championships on Oct. 12 in Franklin Park in Boston. Brawner finished the 5K cross country race in 18 minutes, 30 seconds.
• Senior offensive lineman J'Von Brown, a Norwich Free Academy graduate, is a member of the nationally-ranked Central Connecticut State University football team. Brown has started three games this season and played in 36 overall in his career for the Blue Devils (6-1).
• Former Ledyard standout Ty Ebdon, a senior quarterback, completed eight of 11 passes for 103 yards and a touchdown for Massachusetts Maritime Academy in a 38-21 loss to Western Connecticut State University on Oct. 12.
• Outside hitter Sydney Iannantuono, a freshman from East Lyme, had nine kills, five digs and two block assists for Simmons University in a 3-0 sweep of Emmanuel College.
• NFA graduate Bryce Capunitan, a junior forward for the Colby Sawyer men's soccer team, scored his first career goal in a 3-0 win over Rivier College on Oct. 12.
• UConn named Ellen Herman-Kimball the head coach of the women's volleyball program. Herman-Kimball had been the interim coach since Feb. 28 and before that served as an assistant coach for five seasons.
• Please send submissions for college notes to firstname.lastname@example.org