Continuing the Conversation on Race: Policing in the U.S. and New London
The New London Public Safety Review Committee (appointed by Mayor Michael Passero and chaired by John McKnight, Dean of Institutional Equity and Inclusion at Connecticut College) will discuss its recommendations for strengthening police accountability and police-community relations in New London.
Debo Adegbile, civil rights attorney, partner at WilmerHale, and Connecticut College Trustee, along with Ronald Davis, former director of the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) under the Obama administration will provide opening remarks.
The panel discussion will be moderated by Izaskun Larrañeta, Managing Editor at The Day.
Panelists to include:
- Efraín Dominguez, President, New London City Council
- Tamara Lanier, Vice President of New London NAACP
- John McKnight, Dean of Institutional Equity and Inclusion, Connecticut College
- Jeanne Milstein, Director of Human Services, City of New London
- Maya Sheppard, Organizing Director, Hearing Youth Voices
- Capt. Brian Wright, New London Police Department
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES