Ledge Light Health District offers free COVID-19 vaccines in New London, Groton
Ledge Light Health District has partnered with Community Health Center Inc. to hold a series of pop-up COVID-19 vaccination clinics throughout the summer. No appointment, insurance or identification is needed. The list of currently scheduled clinics is available on the Ledge Light Health District website. Additional clinics will be added. Community members are encouraged to check the website and social media and to look for the vaccination teams in their neighborhood.
Currently scheduled clinics include:
- Wednesday, June 16, 4-6 p.m., Groton Elks Lodge, 700 Shennecossett Road, Groton; LLHD will be offering Moderna or Johnson & Johnson shots to people 18 and older.
- Friday, June 18, 9-11 a.m., Williams Park, Broad Street, New London; LLHD will be offering Moderna or J&J to people 18 and older.
- Saturday, June 19, 4-7 p.m., Dream Market, Mercer Street, New London; CHC will be offering Pfizer to people 12+ and Pfizer and J&J to people 18 and older.
- Monday, June 21, 10 a.m.-noon, New London Adult Education, 3 Shaw St., New London; LLHD will be offering Moderna and J&J to people 18 and older.
- Tuesday, June 22, 3:30-6:30 p.m., New London Elks Lodge, 81 Washington St.; New London, LLHD will be offering Moderna and J&J to people 18 and older.
- Wednesday, July 7, 5-7 p.m., Eat in the Streets, Bank Street, New London; LLHD will be offering Moderna and J&J to people 18 and older.
Stories that may interest you
Norwich artist David Bishop has spent the summer restoring the 500-by-16-foot Norwich Harbor welcome mural on a retaining wall overlooking the harbor.
With so many other states offering incentives, and Connecticut arriving relatively late to the game, the legislation's expedited passage through the General Assembly struck some observers as odd.
Bozrah and Groton are both nearing the completion of a process that would bring data centers to the towns.
Safe Futures, a nonprofit serving victims of domestic violence, is hosting its annual Walk-A-Thon fundraiser next month during National Domestic Violence Awareness Month.