H.S. lacrosse roundup: Stonington boys edge Montville 8-6 in ECC Div. II
Montville — Nathan Huynh had for goals and two assists as Stonington outlasted Montville 8-6 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II boys' lacrosse game on Tuesday night.
Tyler Simao added three goals and two assists for the Bears (5-1, 3-0) while Ben Massengale scored twice, Jake Flynn had one goal and one assist and Nathan Mahoney had an assist.
Colby Cowan had two goals for Montville (0-7, 0-4).
In other games:
• Waterford built an 8-2 halftime lead and cruised to a 13-6 win over Fitch in an ECC Division I game. Jackson Huta scored five goals to lead the Lancers (6-2, 2-1) while C.J. Landry had three goals and three assists, Anthony Stone scored three goals and goalie Jake Kozlowski made 14 saves. Boden Frost had two goals and two assists for the Falcons (4-3, 2-2), Evan Salen had two goals and one assist and James Miner scored twice.
• Cam Gouveia and Cam Reilly scored four goals apiece as St. Bernard/Wheeler defeated Ledyard/Griswold 18-8 in an ECC Division II game. Marc Sauchuk added three goals for the Saints (2-5, 2-2), Ben Howes scored twice, and goalie Johannes Zachhuber made 16 saves, while Roman Rich scored four goals for the Colonels (2-6, 1-3).
• Bridget O'Leary had three goals and four assists as Fitch routed Bacon Academy 17-7 in an ECC Division I game. Rita Sefransky added four goals and two assists while Nora Casey finished with five goals for the Falcons (3-3, 2-1), who also picked up goals from Dre'Ana Singleton, Grace Moriarity, Sophia Clang and Madison Corbiel. Bacon is 4-3, 1-2.
• Maddie McLeod scored three goals as Ledyard got the best of Woodstock Academy 7-4 in an ECC Division II game. Jess English added two goals for the Colonels (3-4, 2-3) while Brooke Beckwith and Olivia Storz each scored a goal and goalie Lorelai England made six saves.
• Alexis Antonellis scored three goals during Old Lyme's 13-7 loss to Haddam-Killingworth in the Shoreline Conference. Emily Mesham added two goals, Carolina Crolius and Grace Arnold had one each and goalie Kaela Hoss made nine saves for the Wildcats (4-2, 4-2).
• East Lyme defeated NFA for the second straight night as Meg Nagle scored four goals to highlight a 17-1 ECC Division I victory. Sydney Sager added two goals and two assists for the Vikings (5-1, 4-0) while Greta Schwartz had a one goal and three assists, Lily Poletto had two goals and one assist, Alanna Benoit scored twice and Dani Bruno had a goal and two assists. Molly Page scored the lone goal for NFA (2-6, 0-4).
• Bruno had six goals and an assist and Sager scored four times during East Lyme's 20-7 win over NFA on Monday night. Nagle had three goals and an assist and Kaci Pierce, Poletto and Schwartz had a goal and an assist. Page had five goals and Alice-Ann Rourke had two goals and an assist for the Wildcats.